petition to legalize gas bikes!

GoldenMotor.com

tbolt76

Jul 26, 2009
deltona fl
How about we all start a petition to all state lawmakers to either legalize these motorized bicycles or just make the law clearer with no misleading and conflicting information at least! whos with me?

Arnett Motor Bikes

Apr 23, 2011
Fort Walton Beach, Fl
they are legal, everyone is calling them the wrong name. In Florida the Laws are very clear on this they are Mopeds. The right to ride Mopeds are everyones right in Florida. I haveput together a bullet proof case with the help of the State Attorney's office. You do not need a license to operate a moped. I have proof from the State Attorney's office. Want to see ? just ask

tbolt76

Jul 26, 2009
deltona fl
Im going to court aug 31st i can use all the help i can get because these pathetic pig cops have it in their head they are not legal to ride on the road. anything to tell them to shut them up and go back to their donuts would be appreciated

SANGESF

Feb 23, 2009
Lake Worth
they are legal, everyone is calling them the wrong name. In Florida the Laws are very clear on this they are Mopeds. The right to ride Mopeds are everyones right in Florida. I haveput together a bullet proof case with the help of the State Attorney's office. You do not need a license to operate a moped. I have proof from the State Attorney's office. Want to see ? just ask
You keep saying you have this "proof"
Why not just show it to all of us?

Also, you ABSOLUTELY NEED a DL to ride a moped.. NEED to register it too!
It's in the motorcycle/moped Florida handbook for 2011..
Go look it up.

Mozenrath

Jan 13, 2011
California
In California, they are called Motorized Bicycles under the law. While it's kind of silly to have to register the bike and get licenses, the law is rather clear in this state. I just wish that they could make MBs fall under the M2 license so that you could use your own MB for the full license test. If I decide to get the full license, I will have to use an actual moped or motorcycle, which is stupid.

ddesens

Jun 27, 2011
New Port Richey, FL.
I'm in for sure. Definately illegal in ny. Says so right on the website. Just found out saturday. Really does stink. Bit of a buzz killer for me. I do have a motorcycle license also.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Bravo, it's good to see that at least one person in Florida has enough backbone to stand up for their rights.

The Florida moped law is so poorly written you should be able to beat it blindfolded.

I'm willing to bet that before the case would come to trial, the charges would be dropped without explanation, just like in Texas.

decoherence

Aug 23, 2010
sebring,fl
MR ARNETT

If you would be so kind, I surely would like to see the proof ! Thanking you in advance.

Ron
we keep asking for this letter that he keeps referring to.

that isn't even the thing that makes the statement uncreatable is this.
In Florida the Laws are very clear on this they are Mopeds.
even though i beleive his intenetions are good, i am pretty sure every one here but arnett agrees the laws are not clear.

for the petition or having a request made on behalf, we need to have our ducks in order.
we need to have clear requests that are not complicated & not stray far from what has been the norm.

first is. are me trying to go the motorised bike route or a moped route?

DL or no DL.

i do believe those two questions are really the same.
they are not going to want someone w/o a DL on a moped.

the benefits of it being a "bike" are:
not having to register & get it inspected.
possibility of not having a DL.

benefits of a moped:
driving 30mph instead of 20mph.
by having it registered it would have a "legit" feel too it.
being on file cops can track stolen bikes easier.
not having as many inexperienced moto/bike riders on the road. (sorry i had to say it)

i also feel that 20mph speed limit is too easy to exceed on pretty much anything that has any sort of motor.