Just trying to Ride

GoldenMotor.com

copblock

Jul 26, 2011
california
.wee. I have been riding for about 3 months now and I love it. I have a 49 cc grubee starfire 2 stroke on a cool schwinn and its really fun. I got pulled over the other day by a law enforcement guy. And the first thing he ask was, Can I see your drivers license. COME ON now, Anyway I want to know the law on motorized bicycles because I thought any motor under a 49 cc was considered a bicycle and so i fallow bicycle laws. Please educate me on this because the last thing I need right now is another driving on a suspended license. Thank you. Oh by the way the officer let me go on a warning. But he told me I had to peddel my way home. OMG!

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
.I have been riding for about 3 months now and I love it. I have a 49 cc grubee starfire 2 stroke on a cool schwinn and its really fun. I got pulled over the other day by a law enforcement guy. And the first thing he ask was, Can I see your drivers license. COME ON now, Anyway I want to know the law on motorized bicycles because I thought any motor under a 49 cc was considered a bicycle and so i fallow bicycle laws.

Please educate me on this because the last thing I need right now is another driving on a suspended license. Thank you. Oh by the way the officer let me go on a warning. But he told me I had to peddel my way home. OMG!
Yeah, you need a drivers license with an M2 or an M1 to ride
any gas powered motorized bike in CA regardless of
engine size. CA Law does not say anything about under 50 cc
not needing a license.

You also need a DOT helmet and the $19 license plate.

What city did you get pulled over in?

Huntington Beach and Newport Beach will give you a ticket
for driving on a suspended license.
Newport Beach will impound your bike for no license and plate.

Last edited: