First Build - Recap!

GoldenMotor.com

jjm86m

Sep 6, 2009
Tennessee
Hi All! First post! Wanted to show my bike I started a while back and get some feedback on questions I had.

Here are some of the specs on my bike:

Nishiki Sport Hybrid Commuter? (Replaced Tires, Tubes, Handle bar, Seat, Brakes, Cables)

50CC Thatsdax 2stroke Kit Engine

(Upgrades: Replaced Spark Plug wire, Replaced Spark Plug with NGK plug, Upgraded fuel line, upgraded fuel filter, eliminated fuel valve for better flow and replaced with a threaded coupling, Replaced/upgraded chain from 415 to #41, replaced metal wire coupling with insulated connectors, replaced motor mounts with higher quality motor studs with loctite, replace most other nuts and bolts)

My weight: 160lb
Top Speed 28.5mph on flat
Cruising speed: 26mph flat
Sprocket size: 36 tooth sprocket

I've gotten past all the glitches, bumps, motor falling off from motor mounts braking, seat bolt breaking, not starting, not idling, chain jumping, and all the other good stuff that comes with HT motors :).

My question now is I'd like to really tune this thing to get up around 30mph+ on flat ground. Here are some of the things I think may help. Any input you guys have would be great!

Upgrade the Carb (which one is recommended?)
Upgrade the Exhaust, (which one is recommended?)
Chain seems to rub up on the edge of the chain tensioner and has left a groove there. How much power would i lose by that added friction?
Any other bolt on ideas? I don't want to go any lower on the sprocket because hills are already a pain in the butt with a 36tooth sprocket.

Here's a picture of my bike!!

Attachments