Which direction is best to mount a slant head?

GoldenMotor.com

ToxicAz520

Mar 11, 2011
Tucson,Arizona
I was wondering is it better to mount the head with spark plug towards the intake side or the exhaust side? All the pics i see it is usaually on the intake side unless they dnt have room then it is the other way. I have done some searching but there are so many threads and posts to look at.

Sorry just found the thread which way does the slant head go. I am using my cellphone and it is not the best at seaching posts and threads.

drn2

Last edited:

Scotchmo

Jun 23, 2009
Los Osos, California
See the image from Gordon Jennings 2-Stroke Tuners Handbook

Except that it looks like the HT keeps the chamber centered but only moves the plug. Better to keep it centered in the cumbustion chamber if this is the case.

I was wondering is it better to mount the head with spark plug towards the intake side or the exhaust side? All the pics i see it is usaually on the intake side unless they dnt have room then it is the other way. I have done some searching but there are so many threads and posts to look at.

Sorry just found the thread which way does the slant head go. I am using my cellphone and it is not the best at seaching posts and threads.

drn2

Attachments