GoldenMotor.com

tamaneko

Jan 25, 2011
California

THEOVN1965

Jan 25, 2011
Charlotte,Mi.
Hi there
I would go with the 400 because I like the battery set up (level). With elec.
don't forget that the total distance you travel on a model may very from
model to model per batt. charge. Also always colder weather has an effect
on the distance you can travel. The colder the the less distance you can
travel. We have a little E-scooter we use use here in Mich. just for real
short trips around town. In very cooler weather travel distance is cut in
half. Lbs. on bike can also effect distance you can travel per charge.
Hope this helps
Good luck
Bob & Tonya zpt

KiM

May 5, 2010
Australia
Wouldn't recommend any of them TBH they are all low powered over priced rubbish and alot to do with why e-bikes are seen as slow no range vehicles... I would suggest buying a
kit and installing it on a bicycle of your choice takes very minimal tools and/or time, then fit it with a lithium battery that won't be as adversely affected by climate changes as SLA you will also get superior range and speed when combined with a decent motor. Nothing under 500watt motor is worth buying.. If you live in a hilly area a geared hub is what you need, direct drive hub motors are more suited to flat land (unless severely over volted) If your more handy in the workshop a non hub motor kit maybe proffered cyclone taiwan make a variety of suitable kits also.

Endless Sphere forum is dedicated e-bike forum, highly recommend joining and browsing other members e-bikes for more ideas.

Either way best of luck

KiM

LI-ghtcycle

Mar 28, 2010
Oregon
Hello guys, I've recently set my mind to buying an motorized electric bicycle, and after a bit of searching I've narrowed down my options to these three. Which one would be the best option? These two are used from my local Craigslist and I can probably haggle them for a lower price.

Tres-Terra Europa 36 Volt electric bike

Torker t400e electric bike

This one is brand-new from eBay, but it is more expensive.

Wildfire Electric Bicycle
The #1 expense for a good electric is the battery, and they aren't cheap, but you will thank yourself for buying one lithium battery rather than wasting money on a lead acid pack, and THEN buying a lithium, but hey, if you happen to have a few SLA's laying around while you're saving up the money/waiting for the batteries in the mail, by all means hook them up! Just don't go the 3 car batteries in a kiddie trailer like I did the first time or you will be hauling 100+ lbs in the trailer! :p

There are some pretty simple low cost alternatives like the friction drive, better suited to dryer climates, but will still do the wet, and will get you on the road for the price of a typical E-Bike battery alone.

Do some looking over on endless sphere, or check the youtube video here:

YouTube - Kepler_Drive_on_New_Inventers.wmv

I have bought some kits from this guy, and I am very impressed with his product! Only adds 10 - 15lbs total for everything including batteries for the kit, and as long as you stick closely with the recommended parts list, you shouldn't have any trouble putting it on a bike and getting the performance of an ultra light electric assist, which will run circles around any of the bikes you are considering and for little more than about $700 - $800 including everything you need.

Got to be handy with a soldering iron for now, as the throttle interface boards are still under development, but there a few of us at ES that can walk you through building your own with cheap parts from your local RC hobby shop.
r.ly..elec.

SANGESF

Feb 23, 2009
Lake Worth
I can hook you up with a front wheel (36v/500w) motor/kit combo minus batteries for $250.
You can buy a 36v 15ah battery on eBay for $300 that will get you ~20 miles distance.
You can add it to any bike you like.
I've added one to an OCC chopper and works beautifully! (bought at a pawn shop by my house for $75).
21mph top speed and 20 mile distance (and cool looking bike) for $625.
For $100 more I got a 48v 750w motor and 48v 15Ah battery for a 25mph speed and 26 mile distance.

AbleSmith

Jan 11, 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
Top five electric bikes are 1)Kalkhoff Aggatu & Pro-Connect 2)Cytronex 3)E-motion 4)Raleigh Dover 5)Daum. Aggatu is an excellent mid range electric bikes which is well equipped and more or less multi purpose
-------------------------------------------------
Used Cars | Scooters For Sale

Billy Thunder

Jul 8, 2010
B.C. Canada
Build an electric using a hub motor. I have both electric and 2stroke gas bikes. You wont regret building a nice electric.
Start with @ least a 500W and 36V Lithium.
My 36V e-bike easily runs with the gas bikes.
Get a 48V battery, if your a speed freak and want to kick butt on the gas powered e-bike haters...lol

jsv_00

Jan 24, 2011
Sydney, Australia
Hello, thanks for a lot of the useful info so far.

Im currently running a 2stroke engine at the moment, however am seriously thinking of transferring across to the electric engines.

Noise would be the number one reason for the possible swap.

My knowledge is rather limited in this area. I would prefer to purchase a kit rather than a prebuilt machine.

Confused with hub powered or the chainwheel kits. Im assuming these are a similar setup to the petrol engines, running an additional sprocket and chain?

So I guess was hoping for info on which type of engine kit. I know I am after at least 500w and 36v lithium..
Will purchase a new 26" MTB to bolt it onto.

I have looked at this site: Worlds best Electric bicycle recumbent DIY conversion kits kit NuVinci Electric Scooter e-bike worlds best Electric bicycle recumbent DIY conversion kits kit Worlds best Electric bicycle recumbent DIY conversion kits kit NuVinci Electric Scooter e-bi which was mentioned earlier.. prices seem reasonable as well..

If im lucky enough possibly someone in Australia can point me out to a dealer?

thanks! :)

jsv_00

Jan 24, 2011
Sydney, Australia
you are right yes. 200w maximum. Which is obviously a very low number.

Either way, anyone with a motorized bike is breaking the law. I guess much less chance of getting into trouble if you aren't terrorizing pedestrians and being a nu-sense with a loud 2stroke.
Hence the possible move to an electric machine