Registration in Wa State?

GoldenMotor.com

Greybeard

Feb 8, 2011
Sequim WA
I'm new here. Lurked for a time and saw this is a good site with lots of knowledge and even more opinions. It's great to be here.

I just spent, literally, days talking to various Washington State agencies and the people chosen to answer the phone that day. Very frustrating and disapointing. "You need to call (you name it) dept." Nobody knew anything about registering mopeds or a vintage Whizzer. They said you need to take the registration to..... I would show the pictures, no plates, no lights, and inform them that in has no registration in the State it come from.
I got a Trooper that inspects vehicles, and he didn't knpw what to do. Said I needed to call where I first started.

Any one here have any luck with a "motorized bike" in Washington State?
Mike

Sideshowbob

Dec 26, 2010
Salem OR
There are several riders from WA on this and the other forum. Look in the "let's ride" sections and search for threads from washington. I know many folks there ride with no problems. From what I remember from a guy in longview. You need a headlight, taillight, and mirror, no registration, plates or insurance required, I seem to recall there is a speed limit and I think 49cc or less with no motorcycle endorsment on your drivers license. Here in Oregon the laws are very specific but most riders I know don't register, plate or insure their bikes. I have done the DMV hoop dance and succeded but I have turn signals, brake lights and all NTSI required equipment. I also have progressive insurance for $6.25 a month, the total registration, inspection, assigned VIN, for 4 years was $144. I hope this helps search around these forums there are many folks from WA. I think in most places the cops are to busy to care but I have heard stories of people getting hassled in Seattle.