ceased up drive train

GoldenMotor.com

Roderek

Jan 11, 2011
Saint Charles Missouri
i was a bout to start up my bike for the first time and when i let out the clutch the back tires sieze up adn when i check the clutch, i find it is in perfect shape but the drive train has seem to froze. please post pictures on how to fix it. since this is my first build i rather not have to rma it :-||

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
You didn't tell us what kind of engine you have but we'll assume it is a 2 stroke, in-frame engine because it is the most common.

It could be a couple of things:
First: Your chain is too loose and has bound up inside the clutch actuator cover. There is minimul clearance between the chain and the cover and a loose chain can bind there.

Second: Your clutch is not adjusted properly. You'll want to be able to disengage the clutch with the handlebar lever. If depressed and locked, the bike (rear wheel) should move with little effort. If the clutch is disengaged at the handlebar and the rear wheel is hard or impossible to turn try tightening the cable at the actuator arm so you have little to no slack in the cable at that point. Get back to us if these suggestions don't correct your problem.
Tom