They're Out There

GoldenMotor.com

grouchyolfart

May 31, 2008
Wahiawa, Hawai'i
Just got home from finishing a deal from our local Craigs. 2, I repeat, 2 Schwinn S1000 Stealth electric scooters for $100! Both 36volt with 1000 watt motors in direct drive. Seller says he was told the throttles are no good. One is shorted and gets going as soon as he flips the on switch. The other just sits. No throttle response. For $50 ea, it's worth fixing or even for scavanging the parts and 2 sets of almost brand new batteries. dance1 TNC probably has everything I'll need. ;)

Now I gots a Felt Armada and 2 36volt 1000 watt systems. What to do, what to do. .elec.:D

Sorry to gloat, but deals like this just don't come along very often out here and had to..............."rub it in". :D

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
yes you did lol.... If nothing else pair those motor with the rear wheel on a push trailer and you will be sailing along in no time. Bikes are street legal here most e scooters are not.

Of course there is also the rhino drive option.

zabac70

Mar 17, 2010
Belgrade , Serbia
Great for you! As for gloating , I was struggling not to post a few words in my language (in order not to be banned from forum) , but I've decided that is better to be a good christian and be happy for you. Since you're lucky , I don't want to spoil it. Make a good things with those scooters!
.wee..wee.

grouchyolfart

May 31, 2008
Wahiawa, Hawai'i
Thanks fellas. (^)

Now I have enough stuff to use for future projects in both voltages. My order for 2 24volt controllers and a throttle also came in today. I be set. :) Now to find time to build something. :D

grouchyolfart

May 31, 2008
Wahiawa, Hawai'i
One would think 1000 watts means a bit more oomph and speed. Kinda disappointing that it's not as fast as I thought they'd be. I'm on the heavy side, 220, so I guess it plays a big part in the sluggish performance as well as the gearing. The gear box seems to have a built in speed limiter. My bike is faster with the 24volt 450 watt geared motor. It's got the torque, though. Almost threw me when I cranked the throttle almost all the way from a dead stop. .wee. But speeds on the flats was probably no faster than 15 mph. Going down hills, I can go faster if I let off on the throttle and roll. :confused: Up hills, it was fairly steady I guestimate 10 to 12mph, but was showing signs of slowing. Maybe I'll have better luck running the motors center mount on a bike with a shift kit. Only thing is they're 36volts and I'll have to carry that much more weight in batteries. :p Hey, maybe by the time I get around to doing it, the cost of new tech batteries will have come down. rotfl

Eeh, it's fun just tinkering with these thangs anyway. ;)