Still on Top

GoldenMotor.com
Just returned from the show in Dawson Springs, KY.

Day one started with warnings of doom for the reining champion [me]. Shortly after arriving and setting up, several took the time to tell me of the soon to arrive "bad to the bone" Whizzers looking to set the record for 2009. My only comment was to inform everyone that my Whizzer is the same as entered 3 years ago, and if out performed, it took everyone 3 years to do so.

It is funny how history repeats, and had I only remembered my racing days I would have soon stopped thinking about losing the record. As I listened to the competition explain how their new motor was now faster than ever, how the motor reached new heights of RPMs, and the latest new drive system would now set the standard, it all started to come back to me. It wasn’t long before I noticed my bike was working as well as before and all the new challengers were running slower than last year. Looks like the good ole days of yesteryear had in fact returned. Often in a quest for speed, changes are made that result in less power, not more, and this year was an example. The gap between my speed and my nearest competitor was now 9 MPH and the bike that was closest to me last year now had an 11 MPH gap. In fact the difference from my stock appearing Whizzer and the winning OHV Whizzer was only 1 MPH. Flat head Whizzer 64 MPH, and OHV Whizzer 65 MPH, just 1 MPH!

Just one last comment.
Ron Dow won the 50 CC speed record 40 MPH with the new EZ Motorbike motor and Quenton won the 50 CC Dirt Drag with the new EZ Motorbike equiped entry.

We all had fun,
Quenton
EZ MOTORBIKE COMPANY

Forbisher

Dec 28, 2008
Orange County, CA.
Sounds like a lot of fun Quenton
How many bikes showed up for the event?

Ron Dow won the 50 CC speed record 40 MPH with the new EZ Motorbike motor and Quenton won the 50 CC Dirt Drag with the new EZ Motorbike equiped entry.
Was Ron Dow's bike modded?

What did the 50 CC Dirt Drag consist of?

Hi,
I don't have a clue on the number of bikes at the show because they came and left over the course of the events. There were some really special pieces at the show. Ron Dow brought his latest DynaCycle, there was a BSA small 2 stroke, a twin cylinder 175 CC racing Bridgestone, a Harley 2 stroke flat tracker [maybe a 165CC or 175CC], Kenny Thomas had several of his works of art including his twin engine Whizzer with a new clutch and 3 speed gear box, John Johnsons "orange" machine [radical Whizzer], several OHV Whizzers, and Cushmans with 2 cylinder Vanguard motors, stock motors, and never to be forgotten was a teenage girl named Tiffany with a purple Cushman that "waxed" them all. Maybe "cleaned their clock" might be a better way of explaining what happened.

Lucky for me we never lined up together for the Dirt Drags, as she would have added me to her list.

Ron Dows EZ Motorbike had a tuned exhaust, adjustable main jet, and geared differently than a stock version, but the motor was stock.

All the Dirt Drags were the same. Lights, 150 feet.

Attachments

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
Sounds like you had a great time Quenton. Glad for good performance from your bikes. Almost had Bonnie talked into coming, but we spent too much this year on bikes & a garage to put them in. She says next year we won't miss it. Being my secretary, treasurer & wife I consider her counsel. Would like to fix my oldest grandson up with Tiffany.

Last edited: