Florida RS-68 Bureaucracy

GoldenMotor.com

Da Pedal

Apr 9, 2014
Fortress of Solitude, Florida
So i just got off the phone with the DMS... They told me the law just went into effect in september. He told me the paperwork would need to be a little more thorough then some of us on here believed previously

He said you need a Bill of sale with the Name and Address of the seller for Both major components (i.e The Frame and the Motor), included in the Bill of sale must be a description for each of the components. Including the manufacture, size, and the Year it was made. It must have the Identification number of each component, and your full information (name,addr, etc) ON the bill of sale and it must be signed by both individuals .

ALSO, They reserve the right to deny you, if you buy directly from a private seller online and select people on ebay. He went on to say that if the seller on ebay Doesnt have an ebay business set up around either moped, scooter, or something to that degree that they would possibly deny you and your reciept for your motor or frame purchase. He said the reason why is because online private sale reciepts (ebay or other's) dont have all the RS-68 document information in the exact form as i stated above with the signatures and all.

So essentially if your using used or off stored of the shelf parts (Frame or Motor), or dont have those original reciepts verifying that YOU purchased it, then your screwed. When i explained that i bought my motor via classifieds a while back, dont have the original paperwork but that it has all the visable markings of a 50cc, he said no dice and that i could just go buy another one the exact same motor and use that instead ...... granted RS-68 says "when applicable" but to the Tampa DMS they said its either everything or nothing

Good to know Florida is still Florida lol. Everyone else should share their experiences as they unfold ....

Last edited:

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
I'm sry.
'They' are presumptuous.
'They' have NO rights.
You have a right to travel, about your personal business.

Contest every single citation you are Ever given and their system of revenoo collection will become swamped, just like the Okefenokee.
mind yer manners and 'they' will not shoot and eat you.

Never, ever, give them any money!
rc

Would anybody send me a small file?

Da Pedal

Apr 9, 2014
Fortress of Solitude, Florida
lol worrd,

well the RS-68 hp limit is 2 brake horsepower. even Huashengs are 2.5 so if it says anthing above 2hp on your paperwork and documentation your more then likely no longer elidgible.

even if that doesnt deter them, on alot of the sites that sell the motor it says it isnt EPA compliant even though it says so on the engine's information sticker

Last edited: