Opti-2 Great stuff!

GoldenMotor.com

apex

Aug 27, 2013
indy
I too built a bike in November with a new dax motor. Broke it in with opti2 at reccomended mixture. I commute to work on it 3 or 4 days a week, much of it at top speed for extended periods. No mess, no smoke.

My motor may fail someday, who knows. I do believe that a lot of the "conventional wisdom" about lubricants are based on marketing agendas, not unbiased facts born from data.

For example, I run motor oil in a transmission that called for an atf factory fill, and its a 5 speed manual. Crazy? Nope. I'm pushing well over twice the power it it had from the factory through it. Including dig launches on a 2-step at the dragstrip. Its doing much better than it ever did with the specified fluid, and has been for over 100k!

Citi-sporter

Jun 16, 2014
North Bend, Or,
I'll have to give Opti-2 a try, but for now, I've got a couple quarts of Lucas Synthetic with Benol mixed in at about 20% volume. It smells great and I'm running the called for 50:1 mix that Lucas recommend for modern weedy engines. Seems to work OK as it ran well for 68 miles round trip with out a problem and the engine's carb tuning stayed "locked-in" with no sagging of blubbering.

BTW Klotz Benol uses de-gummed castor oil, it has synthetic oil also.