First post here.

GoldenMotor.com

cgoodwin

Feb 15, 2009
Seattle
Hello,

I stumbled across this forum while researching Boardtrack racers, I have used to build race cars and I still restore vintage bikes, just finished a Norton 750 Commando Production racer. After finding this site I now plan to build a Boardtrack racer like some of the ones I have found here, in particular the "Indian Board Trace Racer" built by Davidrau1917 featured in the Motorized Bicycle Contest section. Does anyone know what is the best frame to start with for a project like this?

Chris

stude13

May 28, 2008
north bend wa.
another member recomends a peep at---timelessmotorcompany--it is in el paso tx, i just wrote a friend in ep to see if he will check them out and give a report. mitch

cgoodwin

Feb 15, 2009
Seattle
I have looked at them, very nice work and I imaging quite expensive. I would really like to build my own, owning is fun, riding is great but building is the magic.

Traveler

Hello. My name is Jerry. I go by Traveler on the forum. This is my first post. I am interested in vintage Whizzer bikes. I am 65 years old. About 50 years ago, I owned a Whizzer Pacemaker. It was a love/hate relationship. The past few years, I have wanted to get another vintage Whizzer. I recently acquired a H series engine, but need several parts in order rebuild it and mount it to a bike.

I need motor mounts, possibly a coil, exhaust pipe, throttle control, compression release control, pulleys for both the clutch and rear wheel, and probably some things I haven't thought of yet.

I am spending the winter in Florida, and am going to start working on the engine in April when I return to Ohio. I have already removed the head and unstuck the intake valve using some advice from another forum.

My other interests are R/C planes and computers.

Jerry

oldcliff

Feb 9, 2009
Wilmington Ohio
Hello Jerry and welcome to the forum. 50 years ago I had a 2 cylinder Monark Supertwin Motorized bicycle. I could wax any Whizzer that came around.

I Tried to buy one last year. The fellow I called in Texas just had just sold the bike for $5,000.00. I hope Whizzers go for less $$ than Monarks. I'm still searching, but meanwhile I have built one motorized bike with a Chinese 80cc engine and only spent around $500.00. Just as much fun and a lot less bucks.

Hope we can help.

Oldcliff

oldcliff

Feb 9, 2009
Wilmington Ohio
Jerry, Just looked at your post and realized you live close, (I live in Wilmington Ohio).

If you want to see my project, drop me an email.

Oldcliff