My Motor Adventure

GoldenMotor.com

vatoed

May 28, 2016
Chicago, IL USA
So in the short Month and a half that I started building I've had experiences with sever different motors and I just thought I'd share what I've found so far.

I started with my first engine being from bikeberry. It was their flying horse kit for 179.00. This engine ran Ok but I was not impressed much. It was my first venture into gasbikes so I didn't know what to expect. My issue was that it would just vibrate like crazy at higher rpm, so much that it would loose power towards the top end. I did play with the needle mixture settings but never with the jet as I just assumed it was a poorly balanced engine.

Next build almost at the same time as the first was a kit from gasbike.net. It is their 119.00 silver slant kit. The nuts and bolts that came with this kit where better but the gas tank and rear sprocket seemed cheaper as well as the throttle grip/kill switch. But.... This engine would outrun the flying horse without a problem. it revved higher and would run smooth. I was happier with this kit overall. Especially for the price.

Third build was a 4 stroke kit from bikeberry. I'm very happy with this kit. I used a 40 tooth sprocket on a 700 size bike. It still feels like it could go with a smaller sprocket but I like the constant speed uphills and such. Plus this bike is technically my fathers and he doesn't need the speed. I figure the consistency is better for a reliable build. Very happy with this kit and it runs smooth and quiet as heck. I have heard that I will have problems with the clutch springs and that I should have extras on hand but they've been out of stock since I bought the kit and I haven't had issues yet anyway.

Fourth kit is a GT80 from Gasbike. I still can't share my opinion on this one because it is still in process awaiting an expansion pipe. It came with one in the kit that I had already heard on another bike so I sold it before even trying it on the GT80, however I did try a stock muffler and it was running very weak, I suspect it was lean. Since I have the new pipe coming I opted to wait before doing any carb adjustments (jet).

And finally the Fifth kit. I ordered this from motorizedbicycle.com, this is a "genuine Grubee" engine. I put it in quotations because I do not know how to tell if this is true or not but based on the performance I will have to say that it is a well built engine. I am still on the first tank of gas but boy does this engine feel different. As soon as I pop the clutch the engine fires up and starts pulling. I have not felt this kind of pull on any of the other kits I've tried. I'm definitely looking forward to really breaking this one in. Just from the little I've ran it I've noticed there is minimal vibration and it just feels very responsive.

So since I've sold most of my other builds except my Dads four stroker I've already placed another order for 2 more Grubee engine kits. One for my bro and one for me. The thing is this time I ordered from another website that I actually thought was the original one. This site is bicycle-engines.com. They also claim to be original grubee engines and they are 10 bucks cheaper at 149.00 shipped. From the pictures the label looks different but it still says Grubee.inc.
I guess I'll find out soon. They should be here Friday and I'll run over to WallyWorld to grab me another bike. Yeah yeah I know, wallyworld isn't the best place for a bike but I'm still learning. Once I find the right combo I'll go for the good stuff. I've got my eye on one of the Dax kits but I'm building experience with these others and then I'll see if there really is a difference.

As of now I am super happy with my Grubee engine. best out of all I've tried.

I also have a build going in the background. I'm working on a Puma stretch cruiser that I picked up off of Craigs. The guy gave up on building it and I got a good deal with the engine, which I know nothing about other than it looks to be of good quality and it's already painted black to match the bike. I'll post some pics of what I've done and if there is any questions, tips or comments please have at it.
Thanks!!!!

My first build, Huffy with Flying Horse - Was always too slow and vibrated much

My second, Huffy with Silver slant 119.00 kit. Fast and smooth. I was pleased with this one.

In process build, Genesis bike with GT80 kit

My Fifth, Huffy bike with Grubee engine. Very pleased so far. Just wish it was a 29er.

My dads four stroker, sorry bad picture angle, it's the only one I had right now

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
Man those look great! I always wondered how a motorized huffy supreme would look. Don't get me wrong, they all are really clean builds! I just love that huge fender.

Speaking of fenders, just watch them closely. They're known for breaking and turning your bike into an asphalt snowmobile. Also the saddlebags. Unless they're mounted solid to the frame, they can be bad news. The weight will shake the rack or fender until it snaps.

vatoed

May 28, 2016
Chicago, IL USA
Man those look great! I always wondered how a motorized huffy supreme would look. Don't get me wrong, they all are really clean builds! I just love that huge fender.

Speaking of fenders, just watch them closely. They're known for breaking and turning your bike into an asphalt snowmobile. Also the saddlebags. Unless they're mounted solid to the frame, they can be bad news. The weight will shake the rack or fender until it snaps.
Yeah, so far this sturdiest fenders have been the ones on the Huffy supreme. Most of the others have been removed or were removed before selling. I love me a bike with fenders but I need to come up with a way to make them solid.