Anyone Running The New Grubee 66cc Yet

GoldenMotor.com

sbest

Nov 3, 2015
Nova Scotia
My older motor didn't have the plate and I haven't had the mag out of the new one yet.

I bought a plate for the old one, figured the PO left it out. The older engine has the 6202 bearings.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
looks like it uses the stator screws to hold it in - my motors all have stators that fit pretty tight over the raised alignment boss cast into the case, does your case have that boss?

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Looks like with out R&Ring the mag it fits over the mags bosses and is held in place by the laminations.

Someone went to a bit of trouble to add it, so they must have thought it necessary.
Looks like it might also catch shavings to keep out of the seal if there was any contact of the rotor with the mag. I have seen slight contact before.

sbest

Nov 3, 2015
Nova Scotia
I think this is just a seal retainer due to the thin nature of this side`s seal.

The plate is held in place with its own screws.
The older engine without the plate still has the boss for it and is drilled tapped for it.

Steve

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
seated properly on the case-boss, the rotor has about 8thou clearance - only seen contact when stator wasn't seated properly or when mains had gone bad letting crank move up/down

boss is a pretty tight fit, so if I see one of these, I may have to consider grinding the stator a bit to be sure of good centering

I'm wondering if the case boss was left out when these are used.