I thought this was a cool read

GoldenMotor.com

Flyman

Nov 28, 2014
Vian Oklahoma
Well I took care of it for all of you. I guess it was to conservative for many here.
I,m a ole school conservative & not much into political correctness for the new world generation
I,m about love of God & this country & protecting it's right, & you are right this is not the form
to talk about such things.

I will stick to motor bikes. Thanks for your thought anyway.
Fly

Last edited:

Flyman

Nov 28, 2014
Vian Oklahoma
Well I in no way want a war. As I said above if this is not appropriate on this
form then let it be deleted. Tom did say speech in America is free.But he also
said this is a private form & trys to keep peace among members.

Fly

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I accept I will lose the goodwill of some here, but I must ask, did America or Britain ever think that the wholesale export of death to offshore destinations would remain unanswered?

Our countries have sent soldiers into war againt sovereign nations; have supplied, and will continue to supply regimes so far from decency and morality they could have a seat at the table in the pit with Hitler and Stalin.

I think that bringing medicines and education and the hand of friendship would do far more to break down the stupidities of intolerance than any amount of violence.

Last edited:

Chainreaction

Dec 14, 2014
Tulsa OK
Agree with Ludwig. And just with the treatment of blacks and native Americans we have much to be ashamed of, treated them worse then dogs.

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
I'll agree that I don't give a darn about those guys who behead people. Or the ones who send suicide bombers into crowds of regular folks who are only trying to make their way in the world. Given the chance, I'd simply scrub them from the face of the Earth. I'd do my best to leave absolutely no trace of them in order that civilized people could just do their best to reject and forget such animals.

But the folks above are absolutely correct in their assertion that our society has much to be ashamed of. In the fairly recent past and in the present.

Are we better than ISIS? Yes, we most certainly are. But that's not good enough to make the arrogant claim that the trouble in the world is everyone else's fault.

I don't personally think you've exactly done wrong, flyman, by posting this thread. But it is the sort of subject that can get tempers flaring.

Yes. There are times when I, too, want to declare publicly what I think is right. Or what I think is wrong. Some moral issues are too big to always be silent about.

But when I feel that I've just got to say it, then I go to a site that's meant for political discussions.

Place on this site, these sort of things feel as though they just might damage the 'community' we all feel in this hobby. Which is, after all, the main purpose of this particular site. This site is just not meant for the really heavy issues.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
The trend today is to label the behavior of the individual and not to label the individual. That trend may be appropriate for dealing with children, but not adults.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Folks, you all know our prohibitions about the subjects being discussed. You also know why those prohibitions are in place. No matter the intent, they can, and usually do cause problems we'd rather avoid here.

If you have strong feelings or opinions I assure you there are hundreds of places on the Internet to voice and discuss them and even argue them. Our forum isn't one of them.
We're here to enjoy the hobby of motorized bicycles and occasionally other subjects that are benign compared with religion or politics.

Please keep this in mind before posting about issues that have potentially inflammatory content.

Thank you.

Tom

Flyman

Nov 28, 2014
Vian Oklahoma
Tom I guess it was my fault I copyed a letter a woman wrote to a British news paper
concerning her thoughts on what is going on in the middle east. I meant no harm
& thought the Tavern was here to talk about things other than motor bikes.

Many forms provide such, & it was my mistake, so I just deleted it for I could
see where it was leading. I,m very sorry Fly

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
One of the taboo subjects in a British pub is politics; we've had pubs for longer than there's been an America, so the years have taught us to leave some things at the door.

I'll leave this thread with the wish for peace and kindness to be on our lips, not anger and discord.

Chainreaction

Dec 14, 2014
Tulsa OK
I am a member of a FaceBook political debate page. OMG it can get rough and bloody, there are a few rules, sometimes enforced. Political and religious discussions have a way of getting completely out of hand.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Tom I guess it was my fault I copyed a letter a woman wrote to a British news paper
concerning her thoughts on what is going on in the middle east. I meant no harm
& thought the Tavern was here to talk about things other than motor bikes.

Many forms provide such, & it was my mistake, so I just deleted it for I could
see where it was leading. I,m very sorry Fly
Thank you, Fly, and to our other members for understanding.
Yes, I have my opinions too, some very strong ones, and I'm the first to voice them...in the proper place and time.

Experience has taught us that controversial subjects just go against what we're trying to maintain here. It's a family forum and we want to make, and keep it a place where anyone of any age or gender can come and enjoy the sport without having to be subjected to world events, politics or religion.

As I said above, there are numerous places where these subjects are welcome and are the main core of conversation. Motorbicycling.com just isn't one of those.

Thanks again for understanding and complying with our basic premise and reason for the forum's existence.

Tom