Endless Winter

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I can't believe what I'm seeing. Here it is, nearly the middle of May and this is what I wake up to this morning. We're predicted to get from 6" to a foot of snow by tomorrow noon. I hate snow anytime but to have to put up with this garbage this late in the year really gets to me.

The trees all have leaves so there's a good chance we'll loose some branches. Is this lousy winter ever going to end?

Climate change? Probably. Global warming? What a joke!

Tom

Attachments

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Yes. I saw this morning on the weather page that I go to, "Late winter storm for Colorado and Wyoming". Or something like that.

And I thought, "wonder if it'll hit our pal, 2Door?"

The last few years have been really weird with the weather extremes.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
What makes it worse is that we've already had a few days in the high 70s and one 80 degree day. I've been riding almost every day for a couple of weeks and really enjoying the weather.
Guess I'll have a couple of days of "creative staring", as Silverbear calls it. :)

Tom

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Snow?
Is that the white cold wet stuff that falls from the sky?
I'll drive North and visit it once in awhile but sure wouldn't want to live in it.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Global warming has been proven to be a hoax. I do not want to get on that soap box though, so enough of that.

I read the title of this thread and I immediately thought of the movie "Endless Summer".

I read that you all will be thawing out very soon, so hang in there!

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Global warming has been proven to be a hoax. I do not want to get on that soap box though, so enough of that.

I read the title of this thread and I immediately thought of the movie "Endless Summer".

I read that you all will be thawing out very soon, so hang in there!
I think the reason you're thinking "Endless Summer" GearNut is because it's been hot as Summer since this year began. Another heat wave here hitting now and should hit 100 degrees again this week.

Hang in there Tom, we'll send a little Sun your way....

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I know why it's grey and damp and blowy here. I rode my bicycle twice. That's right, it's my fault, and I apologise for not realising it sooner.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Last of the snow pack from this winter is finally melting away other than in the woods where the sun (what little there has been) is able to do it's thing. We still have about half the lake I live near in ice... very slow to let go this year. Fishing season opener was this past Saturday, but not many places to launch a boat. I've yet to go for a bike ride this year and am trying to get my firewood put up for next winter. Two logger cords cut & split and another eight cords to go. Takes me longer now that I'm almost 70. After that I can think about bikes again. It's going to be a short, glorius summer with snow and freezeup in October.
SB

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Mike B is right.

On my word of honor, I don't want the kinds of fights between us that I see so, so much of in the world at large. So I'll say no more about it after this.

But the man-made climate disruption scenarios never said that the world would just warm up nicely and evenly. Violent weather extremes are to be expected.

We really ought to face up to the fact that environmental pollution does threaten our home. That doesn't seem so hard to believe.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I THINK, winter might be over. Now we're dealing with Spring in Colorado.

How come everything that falls from our sky has to be white? Just rain would be so nice, but, nOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! This is what mother nature left for us this evening. Hail!
And enough that I'll be out tomorrow cleaning up the yard of leaves knocked off by the stuff. Rats! :(

Tom

Attachments

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Sorry to hear that. I have had hail come out of no where lol. Just destroys a gardon in seconds. That is a rough spring for fruit trees and everything.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
All hail! At least it's not the golf ball sized stuff.....we got mist in SoCal in the AM today laff
Yeah, Scott, this was no more than marble size but a few days ago they got golf ball sized hail a few miles east of us. One picture they showed on the news was a guy holding a hail stone almost baseball size. I think that was a fake and so did the news folks.

This didn't do much damage. Shredded some leaves and messed of some new tomato plants but they'll probably come back. At least we had a chance to get all of my wife's flowers/pots under cover so she didn't loose any of those.

Tom