Fred's store

GoldenMotor.com

Charged-Reacter

Dec 12, 2008
west-central Illinois
.flg. I was visiting Fred's store on e-bay this morning. He is offering a PK-80 entry level performance motor with intake plenum and Fred Head. Also has the modified type A piston and stock F-80 bottom end for t he budget minded folks.

sublunacy

Sep 12, 2013
ontario
i like my 35 dollar arrow head. super. rechambered with large squish band brings me to 180 psi. Just 5psi more than i was shooting for.... 35 bucks. The dax complete engine is a great deal for less than 200.... i believe the ignitions that come on the updated canadian engines is superior to the american ignitions.

buyer beware :)
zpt

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
i like my 35 dollar arrow head. super. rechambered with large squish band brings me to 180 psi. Just 5psi more than i was shooting for.... 35 bucks. The dax complete engine is a great deal for less than 200.... i believe the ignitions that come on the updated canadian engines is superior to the american ignitions.

buyer beware :)
zpt
No doubt that arrow makes great stuff but on the engines they ride you'll find they use the Fred head for good reason. Plus the stage 2 ported cylinder, very nice intake matched to the cylinder certainly is more than worth the few extra bucks.

Experimenting is great to do but if you want the good stuff look at what these vendors use on their personal or racing bikes, gives a little clue to what works best.

Dan.

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
That's what I'm working on next,
Not wanting to compete, just build.
I'm seeing a properly set up reed valve and a Nice big (Probably a Puch) Head.
Stuffed Cases, 40mm stroke and custom pipe.
Probably won't be shopping at Fred's as Rocksolid is down the road, but I agree a bit of professional help don't go astray.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
My understanding is this engine lacks only the crankshaft work.
Good price for what you get.
I still like my GenV better than Dax though. Same or better quality, better price.