King's Sales & Sprockets just SUCKS!

GoldenMotor.com

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I'm bummed to hear that things are going that way. I ordered a disk mount sprocket from AndyInchville over a year ago and had a good experience.

KnockKnock

Sep 10, 2013
CenTex
Obviously this guy has more important things to tend to than customers, but I finally got a response to my PayPal dispute with him. I shipped him back the sprocket, and he still wants to keep my money. What is this world coming to?

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
Obviously this guy has more important things to tend to than customers, but I finally got a response to my PayPal dispute with him. I shipped him back the sprocket, and he still wants to keep my money. What is this world coming to?
That's a bummer, but you did save anyone who heeds this thread from purchasing from this guy. So Kudos to you Sir.

Dan.

KnockKnock

Sep 10, 2013
CenTex
WOW! I'm shocked to find out, but PayPal sided with KS&S. They've got my sprocket and my money. I got screwed for a total of $59.98 for messing with this dude. The story is all right here - nothing more or less to it than that. I was REALLY hoping to have to come back into this thread and apologize for being an @$$ while (God forbid) he was dealing with a crisis of some kind, but no ...I just got screwed. Buyers BEWARE. Seriously. :(

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
If you funded the PayPal with a credit card (which is what you should ALWAYS do) the next step is to contact the credit card company.

KnockKnock

Sep 10, 2013
CenTex
If you funded the PayPal with a credit card (which is what you should ALWAYS do) the next step is to contact the credit card company.
That is very helpful advice. Unfortunately, I will have to use this advice in the future, but I can consider this a $60 donation so that others considering dealings with KS&S can be spared. I feel like I did everything I could to keep this situation from turning out the way it did; I tried numerous methods of contact immediately after I placed my order incorrectly, returned the item with copies of correspondence specifying the problem, and even offered to cover for shipping both ways to keep KS&S from losing money due to my mistake in the order process, but this company has no interest in doing the right thing, it's only about getting your money, and once they have your money, the "right thing" becomes irrelevant. So if I can save a fellow forum member here from having to deal with the same grief that I did, then I will consider my $60 "loss" as "money well spent" for the sake of others. From now on, I will establish contact with a vendor before ordering anything from them, and that should help to know what stores lack the "front-end" that handles customer service.

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
I have considered KS&S a couple times. I been following this. So sorry about your experience. Advise well taken. We have all learned from from this. Once again-Sorry and Thanks.

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Its a shame that any vendor would treat a customer that way, word travels fas and this will likely make others think twice about doing business with Andy from now on.

Map

KnockKnock

Sep 10, 2013
CenTex
I actually spoke with Andy on the phone today... He says my sprocket was just shipped... I'll post again when it arrives.
Not to be rude, but what does that have to do with the $ he took from me?

For all I know he just sent you the sprocket I mailed back to him.

Congrats on getting him on the phone BTW. If he'd returned any of my calls before he shipped my sprocket things would have turned out a LOT different.

Sorry if this is getting too personal; Venice has some real nice stuff on their site, and while I've been been coming along on my '54 Hornet/Preddy and my '13 DelMar/Dax builds, I've surfed your site for hours, however, if you promote the sorry kind of business presented here, that's a good way to get culled from the browser favorites forever.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Knock knock whos there.... I think Venice is trying to show that this business is used by other members with no issues. The sprockets are custom made to order and you may have missed the PayPal notes, your problem right? So I say close it already we got your point.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
It doesn't have anything to do with your money & I'm not promoting them... I am simply passing along how my transaction is going so others can have all the info about doing business with them in the future... (or not). ;)

I'm sorry that you lost your money, (I seriously think that Kings should (at the very least) mail you back the sprocket that you paid for)... but maybe next time you'll pay closer attention to the vendors (clearly written) ordering instructions before ordering from them.
:rolleyes:

KnockKnock

Sep 10, 2013
CenTex
Knock knock whos there.... I think Venice is trying to show that this business is used by other members with no issues. The sprockets are custom made to order and you may have missed the PayPal notes, your problem right? So I say close it already we got your point.
KnockKnock is who's there. I'm glad you got the humor behind my username :)

I know that other members have used KS&S, that's why I ordered from them in the first-place, and yet I don't think that it's unheard-of to expect a little "back & forth" from a company that you're a patron of - especially for "custom" pieces.

Yeah, I got the "they're custom-made" generic-message blah-blah in the only form of communication they responded to - PayPal.

I kinda thought that this thread was on the edge of getting thread-jacked into a "they did great for me, and you suck at PayPal messages", while not only am I a bit angry for losing out on my money (who wouldn't be?), but I can warn other potential customers to be more careful when they order or it's gonna hurt the pocketbook, because this company doesn't care about "you". As I vent my frustrations about the whole deal, you can look at it as being mean to KS&S or being nice to unwitting customers - it's six of one and a half-dozen of another. Whether I got screwed, or screwed myself out of $60 is all perspective, and this being my thread this is my side of the story, but the end result is that I am $60 poorer for trying to do business with KS&S.

...and "your problem, right?" ...that's just rude. You obviously aren't in my thread trying to make friends or be helpful, so please feel free to not post in any of my future threads if you don't feel that you could be of any help and/or friendly (though preferably both). Thanks, KK :thumbsup:

P.S. The fewer responses to this thread, the sooner it will "die", but I'm still pretty peeved, and I will continue to reply (or harp) to posts in this thread until I feel I've done $60-worth of "anti-marketing" and spared a few other poor saps like myself the headache. Sixty bucks ain't much to some, but it hurts to lose that around here.

KnockKnock

Sep 10, 2013
CenTex
KK... CCC wasn't being rude at all... (in fact, you were the one who started off by being rude to me) & you didn't respond to a single word I said!?!? :rolleyes:
I really wasn't trying to be rude to you (please see where I talked earlier about getting thread-jacked). I read your post as I was writing the other. I gave thanks to you in your post prior to seeing this one to say that I do agree with you entirely. It's important to make sure that you know how to order from these guys, otherwise, I stand by what I said earlier, in that they don't care about the "you" (a retail customer) in the whole deal. I also agree that KS&S should have mailed me my sprocket back. Even though it was the wrong piece for me, I would then have something to show for this whole ordeal, and someone on this forum would have been very happy with it for just the price of shipping.

I took CCC as being rude when he was displaying indifference to my situation. I certainly didn't pick up any signs of empathy from the "your problem," if that was what was trying to be conveyed.

I bent-over backwards trying to get this order right, but I was the only one. I can't help but feel entitled to be angry about that.

EDIT: I genuinely wasn't trying to be rude to anyone. My reaction to CCC's post may appear to have been somewhat capricious, but I should have "taken a step back" as my nerves are still a little raw about this whole thing.

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I just want to ring in here and say that as a good friend of KK which I email back and forth with all the time, he is being completely honest in saying that he was going above and beyond in everyway he could to make contact with Andy and get this all sorted out, he has held his tongue (fingers) a while to give every opportunity for a response from Andy by phone or email so he could solve all this without feeling the need to bring up the entire negative experience public here on the forum.
I realize he has vented frustration here and honestly if that same shoe was on my foot and also on the foot of many other here we would have likely vented the same way or maybe even worse, im not being critical of anyone here but I understand where he is coming from on this deal because I was in the know about it before he ever made any statement on the forum which he was reluctant to do but wanted to share his experience for the sake of a warning to others that if they messed up and expected KS&S to make things right or to be helpful it may not happen and they could loose their money as well.

I personally shared my positive experience with kings s & s with KK and was hoping his would be the same but it wasn't and I know he honestly tried to do the right thing concerninf this entire ordeal.

Andy nees to either refund the $60 or send the sprocket back to him to make this right, if not the truth of the matter is he is being a jerk and ripping someone off for no good reason plain and simple and there is no excuse for that, KK realized he had made a mistake, and was willing to send sprocket back and of Andy doesnt take returns on a custom sprocket then at least he should send it back and maybe even offer to make him up the correct one for a slight discount just as a good gesture and for all the positive advertisement he would likely get on here for doing a good deed.

Just my thoughts and opinions on this matter and I say peace to all concerned.

Map
.wee.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
It's too bad you guys are dealing with this, shoulda done a search for testimonials before ordering. I ordered an 80t from him for my chopper last year and he completely ignored the order and any of my attempts to contact him until I filed a Paypal dispute to get my money back, which he refunded and I took my money elsewhere to Rebel Gears, who were very helpful on the phone and e-mail and got me an excellent hobbed hardcoated 80t in short order for a reasonable price.

In my opinion, any seller who is selective about who they offer their service to, choosing to ignore customers who aren't considered "important" or personal friends, shouldn't be doing business.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Well, Here's the follow up to my story... I just received my sprocket after a little over one month.

Kings Sales & Service website sucks, their ordering system sucks, & their customer service & contact both suck; but I finally did get what I paid for.

I wasn't given any special treatment, I followed the ordering instructions very carefully, I made many calls that weren't returned, (but I kept calling every couple of days until he answered);
He did seem to 'drop the ball' on my order because it was a custom order, (so it was a very good thing that I kept calling). :(
(He seems to be very forgetful) :/

My advice to any possible customers is to be very careful about following his directions when ordering & use Paypal so you have some back up incase he forgets (or bungles) your order, but he does make very good sprockets! :)

image-4264813351.jpg

Last edited:

rangefinder

Oct 18, 2012
Des Plaines, IL
Customer Service is the name of the game for any good business.
I would say even more so with these little engines.

KS&S is off my radar.
Being new to this hobby..., the last I want is to be treated like KK.