walbro butterfly carb !!!!and reed valves !!! 15-19mm

GoldenMotor.com

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
with the walbro carb you are not dependant on a float boal it has an internal pump so you can mount it upside down if you wanted and it would runn fine !!! also its a butterfly carb so i would imagine instant throttle responce like a weed wacker or chain saw has !!! and also it is has fully adjustable needle jets so you can fine tune high and low by simply turning a screw !!! no more swapping jetts!!! to top it all off it comes with a velosity stack and high preformance air filter and a RSE reed block and billit addapter !!!!

i bet this setup would blow away any deltoro or cns carb !!! h#ll man i could run my motor upside down in a tight motorized bicycle frame if i wanted !!!

anyone runn a setup like this or know of someone who does please let me know about your experiance !!!

i know about the quality of this high end carb i had a few on some built up chain saws that my dad put together and manthey realy did run any way and the responce from them was insane instant throttle !!! i also know that the pocket bike guys run this carb and love it !

i want to know if it will work out for our motors and if anyone has or is running one. because even if it didnt out preform the deltoro but was on par with it, it would still be worth the extra cost just for the sheaar fact that you can fully tune it with 2 screws and never have any jets to mess with ! and it does not need to sit lvl and can run in any possition !

Attachments

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
the setup i am looking at buyng is the stage 1, 19mm inlet 12.75mm venturi 15.5 mm outlet
and the fuel primer pump still on top.

i lke the idea of keeping the fuel primer as it comes in handy and does nothing to hinder preformance also the 12.75mm venturi can be milled out to the same 15.5mm as the outlet as they do to there stage 3 kit if need be or i feel like building a full on race motor some day lol.

here is the link.
http://www.jnmotorsbikes.com/product_p/jnm1263.htm

i just like the idea of this style carb as over the years of rebuilding and tunning small engins i have had nothing but the very best results from walbro top notch carbs ! and being able to turn a needle jet to tune the bike vs having to pull off ur carb and rejet is a major plus ! and the ability to run your motor in any possition would make for an unlimted amount of mounting options ! i mean you realy could mount a china girl upside down on a y frame full suspention motorized bicycle if you wanted or even in the top right angle corner if you felt like it and it would still run because the carb does not need to be lvl

i want to know more about this from someone who has one running or has seen or knows of someone running one . i would like to know all about this setup before i go buy it

Will122391

May 31, 2013
Texas
Velocity stacks do not give power gains
Deck your stock head to save $80 on the head.
If you get that reed, you'll have to do plenty of cylinder porting anyway.
I doubt the walboro carb would provide more power than the 18mm mikuni.

mrfubs

Jun 13, 2013
michigan
i bought arrows reed valve with great results, now hes got a new design. im not sure about you but iv got no need at all to run this engine upside down, unless theres a accident most bicycle engines will stay shiny side up lol. Also i bought a puch 74cc head that has a lot more cooling mass than that head and i got it for $50

mew905

Sep 24, 2012
Moose Jaw
Yep, Arrow's reeds are the only ones that can breathe properly at high RPMs. I'm using an RSE reed and I'm about 90% sure it's the reason my motor wont push me beyond 4800 RPM when using an expansion pipe tuned for 9000 RPM, they simply dont breathe enough. Get the arrow, the reeds are larger allowing the motor to breathe better. I dont know if the standalone reeds can use the 18mm walboro, but I do know they offer some that do, and their 9.5hp motors run 25mm carbs.

Reactions: Crisco