Problem Solved!

GoldenMotor.com

MadMannArt

Aug 13, 2013
LongBeach, wa
My Motorbike build will continue...
I have ordered a new cylinder for my 66cc grubee engine... $32.50 including shipping from Zone8cycles...
Although it will completely fix the original issue of the mounting flange failure (it crumbled completely off the cylinder casting, the only way to fix was heliarc material back, drill hole to retap threads into), it is only a temporary fix...
I do not have much faith in the product, serviceabilty wise, if it wears out, it is gone...
So it will get removed from the motorbike, with very little time on it...
Because I found a cure right in these forum posts,
a place called thatsdax...
I saw a post or two praising them, but none saying anything negative anywhere...
I called them and tried to order a kit, but they are waiting on a shipment,
about two weeks till I can order...
I'm sure duanne will get tired of my calls,
"Are they here yet?"
I will be ordering a ThataDax 69cc 2 stroke kit, assembled from the best parts, tweeked to perfection, and best of all,
a man you can call when you have an issue, who actually cares about the product he sells!
You can not beat good customer service, ThatsDax! usflg
I do not work there, nor do I receive any discount for promotion, but yes this would be a BLATANT plug for Duanne & his good customer Service...

And more importantly, a post from a once very Madmannart who is now not so Mad....dance1

Last edited:

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I'm a serious cheapskate but even I am hearing good stuff about the Dax bottom end....
If it can loosen up MY wallet, it's worth considering.
Just my 2cents

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
Same here. I've been pretty happy in the past few months with my cheapo X80, but DAX's F80 has been making my mouth water. I have 2 X80s; one's always in reserve just in case a needle-bearing screws up the works. I have spare rings as well. I've gotten good at resurrecting damaged jugs and pistons; so long as the jugs are damaged BELOW the intake-ports, or have only minor scoring above there, you can reuse 'em after some light grinding and buffing. I have about 1000-miles on my present jug AFTER it was damaged by a disintegrating upper-needle bearing. It took a big chunk out of the cylinder-wall under one of the intakes. I just dremeled and sanded the wound so the rings wouldn't get caught up. The only thing about these engines that keeps me awake at night now are the needle-bearings. 90% upper, 10% lower. One of these days, I'll get around to trying out a brass bushing instead...unfortunately replacing the lower-bearing's not an option.