Disc brake adaptors-Made In America!

GoldenMotor.com

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
No problem 5-7. I seen these on chainganglowrider and posted about their disc adaptors and such. Now I now where they REALLY came from.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
I personally am buying 3 of the brackets. Already got the aluminum bracket from choppersus on an old school 12" kick scooter front fork. Can't wait to see if these are as good or better.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
I personally am buying 3 of the brackets. Already got the aluminum bracket from choppersus on an old school 12" kick scooter front fork. Can't wait to see if these are as good or better.
Please let us know how they work for you.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
I got my new rear disc brake adaptor in the mail. YAY! Bolted that onto the frame, installed my commuter bike's 8-speed rear wheel tire and brake setup. The part that slides onto the rear axle is perfect. Bike's seat stay (dropout) is 9/16" diameter. The clamp on the disc brake adaptor bottoms out @ 13/16" diameter. Clamp needs an inner metal or rubber sleeve/bushing to be secure. Looking from the rear, the caliper could be shimmed ever so slightly to center the 203mm disc. Despite the glitches, the rear brake worked okay when pulled by hand.dance1

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
That's cool,I thought it only worked with a 160mm disc rotor. Glad to know it works. I'm putting mine on a bmx frame so no worries about the shim.

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
I got my new rear disc brake adaptor in the mail. YAY! Bolted that onto the frame, installed my commuter bike's 8-speed rear wheel tire and brake setup. The part that slides onto the rear axle is perfect. Bike's seat stay (dropout) is 9/16" diameter. The clamp on the disc brake adaptor bottoms out @ 13/16" diameter. Clamp needs an inner metal or rubber sleeve/bushing to be secure. Looking from the rear, the caliper could be shimmed ever so slightly to center the 203mm disc. Despite the glitches, the rear brake worked okay when pulled by hand.dance1
How about some Plast-Dip for the clamp. I used it on some clamps for a project and it makes a big difference in holding power. I used 2 coats.

Look forward to long-term use.

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Only that it does NOT work on the rear of 7 different bmx frames I own. I only bought the small size but its for beach cruiser dropouts apparently. But I don't own one of those anymore....I still have the adaptor,if someone wants it....... I will try out the bigger size on some front forks soon so I will update when that goes down.