Cool engine on ebay. bit pricey

GoldenMotor.com

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
And thats supposed to be for 1/5 scale R/C car ?
holy crape that's gotta be one quick car.

I was actually thinking of buying the same model this engine is design for, the HPI baja... i went to a event were they were racing them. They look like a ton a fun and they make a great sound.

MGDB

Dec 21, 2012
Chicago
Their great engines on gas scooters.....but not good on motorized bikes. The zenoahs sand Chung hangs have 54mm clutches as opposed to the 78mm clutches on tanakas and I think Hondas. I built as custom one lukje that...ported...bigger top end and at about 5hp it still wasn't getting 75℅ of the acceleration my tanaka had. Keep in mind these are sd,mall high revving engines...only like 30cc. They also sieze quite quickly if you don't keep them running a tad rich. Personally after building one for my bike I was dissapointed. But their great on goods and bajas.

Highwaystar

Jan 22, 2012
Indiana
Those are wicked mills. I have run OBR mills on my 5th scale R/Cs. The problem with putting one on a bike is that they are very high RPM motors. They may have high HP numbers but the torque is not really there.

Dogpile Racing and CC Racing are also at the top of the game when it comes to Zenoah/Chung Yang engines. Cat5 does good work too.

MGDB

Dec 21, 2012
Chicago
Exactly highwaystar. Mine was revving at like 12,000 rpm but there was little to no torque...these things would be killer engines on goods and those rec cars....I mean that's what their made for.