What is an acceptable time to wait for warranty replacements?

GoldenMotor.com

Risingsunn

Nov 24, 2012
Maricopa Arizona
Toad, here is the interesting thing. The site you pointed out says "JIANGDU FLYING HORSE GASOLINE ENGINE FACTORY" at the bottom, however the signature from the reply was:

NICK

--
--
YANGZHOU FLYING HORSE GASOLINE ENGINE FACTORY
http://yzfeima.en.alibaba.com
Tel:0086-514-86496588
0086-13403259501

And is also the same person who posted a few times on this board (http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=8095)

LOL, so are there TWO Flying Horse factories in China, or perchance different management now? Regardless, a Flying Horse should STILL have wrist pin bearings, not bushings..

Last edited:

Toadmund

Jan 19, 2012
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
Was looking at the piston pics on page 2 and from my observations the piston replacement that they sent you resembles a Flying Horse piston, whereas the one that went bad does not (unless it's an older FH motor).

The wrist pin on FH's is closer to the piston bottom.

Scott.D.Lang

Jan 1, 2013
Chicago
been reading your post here and it has made me glad I went with Dax the few minor problems I've had were taken care of quickly and parts were sent to me free and to my house with in 3 days. I even got a intake I had asked them to leave out because I made a mistake and forgot to order the one I had planed to order. Dax may cost a little more then most but customer service and the quality of there parts make it well worth it.

Risingsunn

Nov 24, 2012
Maricopa Arizona
So to end the Bikeberry story (for this thread) I was in contact with the owner of Bikeberry, Jack, a very friendly guy, he ended up sending me a complete motor, just not a Flying Horse. I don't think they even carry motors from the TRUE Flying Horse Gasoline Engine Factory in China. There is quite a ending to this story but I am going to share in a new thread I am going to post in the general forums over the next couple of days. I may get banned for some of the things I am going to say about one of the forums sponsors but I feel I have to tell the truth about what is going on. Stay tuned and thank you for your support.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
...I may get banned for some of the things I am going to say about one of the forums sponsors but I feel I have to tell the truth about what is going on. Stay tuned and thank you for your support.
There's nothing in the rules that excludes or protects any merchants or sponsors from people's honest opinion regarding their experiences with them. We have never nor will ever penalize a member for relating those experiences, provided only they can do so in a civil fashion.

Toadmund

Jan 19, 2012
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
That's a good thing, (like Martha Stewart would say) a good thing because people see an AD on an authoritative site like this and they tend to put their trust in ADs here because they believe they are endorsed by motorbicycling.com. (I tend to think that)
Therefore an AD should stay or fall according to the customer they are geared towards, after all it is our money and we expect the satisfaction that we pay for, I know I do, and I try to make sure I can trust any vendors, SBP for instance, and DAX, stand out, a good reputation, I know that because people talk, and people listen (or read).

Last edited:

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
That is an unfortunate misconception - we're not endorsing them, by paying to advertise they're "endorsing" themselves and that's strictly to help defer server costs, no more no less (the staff here are all unpaid volunteers).

We actively encourage reviews both good and bad of any and all motorized bicycle related merchants, our sponsors receive no extra favor or exemption from these reviews, or our rules for that matter & we can and have banned sponsors for rule violations.

Aside from providing a forum for the discussion of anything motorized bicycle related, including exchanges with merchants sponsor or otherwise - we can't actually be expected to review the accuracy of vendor claims, their customers, the disputes that arise or the relative validity of the advertisements themselves as it's simply impossible, which is why we encourage the use of our 'Swap and Shop section that those directly involved can relate their experiences - provided again that all involved abide by our simple rules.

In the end advertisements are just advertisements, nothing more and as with anything "buyer beware" is a good motto to remember ;)

Last edited:

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
We actively encourage reviews both good and bad of any and all motorized bicycle related merchants, our sponsors receive no extra favor or exemption from these reviews, or our rules for that matter & we can and have banned sponsors for rule violations.[/QUOTE]

Reason #428 why this place is awesome.