Pirate cycles

GoldenMotor.com

2slow

Aug 12, 2012
colorado
Does anybody know are they still open been trying for 3 weeks to find out availability of some parts and nobody answers the phone the mail box is full and no response to emails just wondering

GasX

Oct 7, 2011
Florida
I ordered a chain a little over a week ago on their website and got it promptly. I do agree that they are hard to get in contact with sometimes.

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.
I ordered a chain a little over a week ago on their website and got it promptly. I do agree that they are hard to get in contact with sometimes.
Here we go again... uggg

Getting them on the phone is next to impossible and that is all I have to say about it.

the chief

Dec 9, 2012
chicago
i tried a bit ago, and gave up. if you are just looking for their hub adapter piston carries it although it not on the site and you have to call (they actually answer their phones). i don't get the guys at pirate, if they are that busy that they can't answer the phone or email they should hire someone to do so, if they can't afford to hire someone to do that, then they probably aren't so busy that they are unable to answer the phone or email.

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
...if they can't afford to hire someone to do that, then they probably aren't so busy that they are unable to answer the phone or email.
??? To me, it is very apparent that they are busy and they can't answer the phone because they don't. I am sure they aren't sitting around letting the phone ring. There have been other posts on this forum and a member actually has gone into Pirates and he is very busy. Most merchants sell on a part-time basis and have other jobs and other merchants are at it full-time, but don't make a lot of money to higher anyone since there profit margin is low. It is the reality of this hobby.

If they charged more, so they could add help, they'd lose at lot of business because they' have to raise prices and I am sure they do lose some business by not being able to answer the phone or Emails. So, they choose the option that is going to cause the least pain to their pocket book.

Just keep calling. A forum post mentioned calling early Saturday morning is the best time to call.

By the way, here's what is posted on their website:
"(508) 839-1100 Phone >> Phone availability depends on our current shop workload."

Good Luck,

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

Last edited:

CoolCruiser

Jun 15, 2012
Massachusetts
Yes, they are still open. I never call since they rarely answer but they are pretty good about marking things as Out of Stock on their web site. There are just 2 employees, I've been there but never asked why they don't answer the phone. As far as hiring a person to answer the phone, I guess they figure it won't increase sales enough to pay that person's wage. All vendors in this business have issues because they're small and operate on a tight margin. I learned to accept it for what it is and not get all wound up over it.

goog

Sep 16, 2012
Ct.
They are sometimes hard to get on the phone.Initially I wanted phone contact.After a few orders just went on line to order.It tells you there whether in stock or not.They still give thanks and maybe some candy or a sticker thrown in.Good people in my experience anyway.

larry57

Mar 20, 2012
st james ctiy ,fl
Does anybody know are they still open been trying for 3 weeks to find out availability of some parts and nobody answers the phone the mail box is full and no response to emails just wondering
yeah they are there ,,just got an order from them ,,they have in stock hi- comp heads ,,,awesome ,,for a gt-5 motor ,mine runs soooooo much better ,,also got a wheel adapter and 36 sprocket ,,,also awesome ,,the head and sprocket ....be careful ,,,THEY JUST DON'T LIKE THE PHONES ,,wonder if they know about cordless phones for the shop ,,,lol,,,,cvlt1

the chief

Dec 9, 2012
chicago
i get the phones part, i also own my own business, with only two employees, one of which is a doberman, sometimes you gotta stay late to answer some emails, its as simple as that.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
lafflaff Me too though its been a while since I needed anything. If AGK dosnt hurry up with my backorderd crap Pirate is my next stop. NEVER had a problem with them. Cant beat the candy fish free from a Pirate!

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Getting them on the phone is next to impossible and that is all I have to say about it.
i would never order at such a place just for that fact.

i do like me some free candy and stickers, which is why i still buy from pirate cycles.
ooook.. you do know that they sell candy very inexpensive in your local supermarket right? no need to buy mb parts somewhere for that.

2slow

Aug 12, 2012
colorado
It's OK I've got the parts elsewhere my problem was they said they were out of stock on the website and to contact them for availability well how do ya do that when they don't answer the phone or they wouldn't answer the emails so I thought they may have been out of business