Lock tite on the fuel switch ?

GoldenMotor.com

MoreBloodWine

Oct 9, 2012
Meadville, Pa
Stupid question but on the note of the gas line, how close can it be to the head before one should be concerned ? I know you said it shouldn't be touching but there still has to be a ditance thing right ?

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
1/2 inch or thereabouts is what I would shoot for. Even 1/16 of an inch will work, you just don't want the rubber to be in full contact with the head and get cooked and brittle over time. Also, pre-heated fuel is not good and under extreme circumstances can cause vapor lock.

MoreBloodWine

Oct 9, 2012
Meadville, Pa
Also, pre-heated fuel is not good and under extreme circumstances can cause vapor lock.
So the half inch or more mark should avoid the pre heated fuel thing ? As you saw from the images, my bike frame only allows for certain line placement.

Sent from my PANTECH Crossover ™ on AT&T via Forum Runner.

MoreBloodWine

Oct 9, 2012
Meadville, Pa
I'm gonna have to get a new pic up later after I get the carb on but it doesnt look like I'm gonna have very many placement options for the line o I might end up with a closer than I want fuel line setup.

MoreBloodWine

Oct 9, 2012
Meadville, Pa
If you give the line a bit of a twist it will bend for you. You should be able to make it bend out of the way of the head.
This is what I'm lookin at for line placement with the carb on and the unusually shaped bike frame. While I'm at it, does the carb look level enough to be kosher/good. I read something about the carbs havin to sit level or somethhing and with the bike frame that I got this is as good as it gets.

ForumRunnerImage.jpg

Also, while I'm at it... I didn't have to twist the petcock hard at all to get it to sit tight and facing right. I did it up by hand as much as I could and got the last 90 degrees or so with a wrench and now it's sitting pretty ;-)

MoreBloodWine

Oct 9, 2012
Meadville, Pa
Woops, forgot line pic.

The only thing that worries me is the angle near the seat. I might have to redo this with a one inch tube and have the filter "sit" off the carb... ideas ?

ForumRunnerImage.jpg

PAracer

Sep 14, 2012
Steelton, PA
The carb should be okay there. It's not perfect, but it's as good as you're likely to get. There might be a better combination of carb/intake out there. Mine has about the same tilt. I'm still new to the motorized bike game, so I don't know exactly what's available out there yet.

The fuel line looks good too. You could even zip tie it to the frame tube for insurance.

MoreBloodWine

Oct 9, 2012
Meadville, Pa
The carb should be okay there. It's not perfect, but it's as good as you're likely to get. There might be a better combination of carb/intake out there. Mine has about the same tilt. I'm still new to the motorized bike game, so I don't know exactly what's available out there yet.

The fuel line looks good too. You could even zip tie it to the frame tube for insurance.
When I took the pick I had the tank tilted ;-/

So... I adjusted and took a new pic. I think it will be ok if I zip tie the line as seen. Now I just need to try and cut the furl line right *crosses fingers*.

As for the carb... like u said, if I can find a longer intake or something that can be bent / tweaked I can get it to sit better but I'm betting how mine sits now is how most everyone elses is sitting.

ForumRunnerImage.jpg

Edit: with the adjusted line the fuel won't have any bends to clear as seen in the other image so this new route should feed better.

PAracer

Sep 14, 2012
Steelton, PA
Looks good to me! A little tip about rubber hoses. Sometimes it's a pain to get them started over the fitting. A little spit will let it slide right on.

MoreBloodWine

Oct 9, 2012
Meadville, Pa
Looks good to me! A little tip about rubber hoses. Sometimes it's a pain to get them started over the fitting. A little spit will let it slide right on.
Fitting them on is ok but what about getting them off lol...

Was not expecting this to happen.

Edit: For what its worth I soaked the hose in hot water to fit the filter.

ForumRunnerImage.jpg

PAracer

Sep 14, 2012
Steelton, PA
Sorry.

Grab the hose with a pair of pliers over top of the fitting to which it is stuck. Rotate back and forth while pulling it off. If you can get it to rotate, you can get it to slide off. If it's really stuck, use a blade to cut the rubber. I'm glad they go on easier than they come off. :)

MoreBloodWine

Oct 9, 2012
Meadville, Pa
Sorry.

Grab the hose with a pair of pliers over top of the fitting to which it is stuck. Rotate back and forth while pulling it off. If you can get it to rotate, you can get it to slide off. If it's really stuck, use a blade to cut the rubber. I'm glad they go on easier than they come off. :)
In regards to the fitting, do I jut tap this back in ?

Last thing I want to do is break it but ya, this made me have one of those "o S" moments lol.

PAracer

Sep 14, 2012
Steelton, PA
If the fitting starts to come out, you can tap it back in. If you fear it backing out, it might be better to just cut the hose off of the barb. The fitting coming out could potentially evolve into an O.S. moment.

PAracer

Sep 14, 2012
Steelton, PA
First see if you can rotate the hose on the fitting. If you can do that, I bet you can pull it off. I like a pair of needle nose pliers for this. The long nose end makes sure you don't put too much pressure on it and cruse the fitting.

MoreBloodWine

Oct 9, 2012
Meadville, Pa
I guess I shoulda specified... I meant once its free do I just tap it back in to the carb.

It only came out because I tried to twist yank the hose off.

You kinda lost me with the b ackin out os moment thing.

PAracer

Sep 14, 2012
Steelton, PA
Yup, if the fitting came out, you can tap it back in. You could use a drop of loctite on it if you wanted to. I think you're discovering the quality of these Chinese parts. :)