This was the last time I ordered from GasBike.net

GoldenMotor.com

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
I am trying not to be too pissed right now because I just came from surfing and I was pretty relaxed until I got home.

Here is the new story:

Wed. Sept 12 - I order a Engine (only) from GasBike.net. I have a phone number where people actually pick up the phone, rather than never pick it up on the actual "hotline" because once they called me back and I saved it.

So I ordered on the phone, payed with Paypal because the guy promised me it would be shipped next day. Everything went through with the payment - great.

Thurs. Sept 13 - I call again because there was something wrong in the address and I wanted to make sure its only on the bill and not on the shipping label. When I asked if it was shipped already they said YES.

Mon. Sept 17 - Still can't seem to get the info that its shipped when I log in so I call again to ask for the tracking number. The girl that answered the phone tells me that its not been shipped, so Im asking her straight why they lie to customers. She couldnt answer that and instead forwarded me to another guy. This one tells me that it have been shipped on Friday the 14. and I should be getting it by the end of this week. When I ask for the shipping number he said it would be Signature Confirmation and there is no tracking number. I told him if its shipped with Priority USPS there is one but he insists that there is none. Fine, I hang up trying to believe its shipped.

Today Sept 18 I log in to see if the info changed and what does it say? Shipped TODAY and there is the tracking number. I called 4 times, each time they hang up on me and the first time those bandits let me wait 5 minutes first before they do so. I keep calling and let it ring for minutes but now they ignore me. So they must have some kind of system with notes with the caller ID to avoid those kind of calls.

Never again! And the only reason I ordered there in the first place was because Dax didn't had it in stock and Piston Bikes wanted me to pay more than $100 for shipping and their customer service stinks too.

I just hope the engine is without problems but this was the last time I ordered there.

IS THERE ANY dealer that actually doesn't lie and ship fast???

shwnrttr

Dec 2, 2009
titusville, florida
ive never had good luck with gasbike. bikeberry,spookytooth,kingsmotorbike and gasbike are all in cahoots with each other.and they all suck. i personaly like bicycle-engines.com. they always treat me well. and they answer emails too.

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
i had the same shipping problems with them now i use bikeberry they are good to me i order over the phone and they ship next day 2 days tops and they pack things well another thing gasbike dosent do well

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
yea alot of sites dont have just the engine thats what i wanted when my GT-5 was being a money pit so i ordered the whole kit from bikeberry and the GT-5 is going to become a race motor when i have time(and i get good parts for it)

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Actually it seems like its tight how it looks because the head have something standing up but I took the head cover off and it had big scratches on the surface where the gasket goes and where it should be perfectly clean and lots of debris inside the cylinder that I had to clean first.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I had engines only for 60 dollars (and other things) in the swap and shop.

I ship next day, but I am sold out of engines!

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
yeah, thats pretty standard. they dont finish a lot of the casting on these engines. Thats good old chinese quality control for you. Pull the head on your blown engine, bet it looks a lot like that one.

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
I know that, but those areas are supposed to be perfectly even, no matter if the production is cheap. It looks to me like they were in good condition and they just threw the stuff around.