Anybody in western washigton want to buy a motorized mountain bike?

GoldenMotor.com

richirich

Aug 16, 2011
Port Angeles, Washington
earl.k, ill let you know.
The bike was $200 from Wal-Mart and anyone can just add up the parts and you still got to add all the shipping from all the different vendors to get it all together. $400 is a good deal. The only reason id let it go for cheap is $400 is what i need for some more batteries for my electric bike.
It probably didnt help my sale after posting this thread. But,Im not the kind of person that wouldnt at least inform someone of what they would be getting into. It is just that alot of areas are allowing them. (for now anyway)

tonyskrazykustoms

Mar 17, 2012
port orchard, WA
hey man im down in port orchard. im currently building my own. but if i ever got the handy cash to spend on a bike i will get your number and see if its still for sale.
iv seen a few ppl on them around my town so im gonna hope im good. i do have a DL but would like to not have to deal with getting it licensed.
but your bike is very nice and ill keep you in mind if i start looking for another bike

richirich

Aug 16, 2011
Port Angeles, Washington
Ya, I have had offers on parts, and a few here in WA that are interested in the bike, but right now its the rainy season. So before i would part it out i am going to wait till summer to see if it will sell. It really is to awsome of a bike to split it up.
Ill just have to see how it goes, thanks

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Gosh.

This thread really bothers me.
The laws are supposed to be in place to protect us, but it seems more and more they are in place to generate taxes. Which is control.

And I always end up getting into forum trouble talking abt politics...

So I'll grit my teeth and try and sit in the corner quietly with my dunce cap on before I get in trouble again.

Looks like a nice motorized bicycle!
How do you like the handling of the Genesis 29'er?

I just saw my 1st one at wallyworld the other day, and was interested in the possibilities...

...You used <which> rear hub for the sprocket adapter???
THAT is the main thing to resolve, since the adapters will fit only certain hubs... and which hub will fit the frame, and wheel.

How many spokes on the 29'er wheel?

Best
rc

richirich

Aug 16, 2011
Port Angeles, Washington
Rustycase,

i really did not spare any expense in building this bike. The Genesis is a good bike. I also have a 26" beater mb, I can say though that the 29er feels way more solid and stable than the 26"

About the rear wheel- I had a local bike shop cut new spokes and relace with a grubee HD hub and then caliper measured the hub and had Manic Mechanic make a hub adapter. The wheel is 36 spoke.

brnot

Genisisonyx29

Jul 8, 2011
Merced California
hi my names jonathan and im ive seen ur bike a couple times on the form and youtube i think. i really like it btw. is there anyway u could ship to california? if so how much would the shipping fee be? i was just recently in a accident on my mb and the ladys insurance is paying for my new bike.

richirich

Aug 16, 2011
Port Angeles, Washington
I would say there is not really much more dificulties in getting everything to fit than with other bikes.

The best thing you could do is , get the chain length right with the motor angle , then set screw the engine so it will not move so you can disregaurd the chain tensioner.

It really depends on what you try an upgrade or customize that will determine how hard it will be. Overall I would say the 29" genesis is a good bike to start with.

Good luck with your build.

Genisisonyx29

Jul 8, 2011
Merced California
No t mount or u bolt? And also Wats the benefit of tossing the chain tensioner? I use the ball bearing one so its better then the one most people have. Is the tuned pipe u used any better then the expansion chamber sickbikeparts sells. Wat do u think about the derailluer it comes with, could it handle a shift kit?

richirich

Aug 16, 2011
Port Angeles, Washington
It depends on what size of down tube the motor is set up for. The lager size works fine or if its for the smaller down tube, the adapter from sbp works good too.

I also had gone thru the bearing tensioner wheel with rthe spring tensioner. It was a pain to get lined up right. Its really one of the things that its either gonna work or not. I had a MM hub adapter and grubee HD axel that i was able to adjust for the perfect chain line. A tensioner is just something that could cause problems and had for me.

I think my pipe is better than sbp one but it was really alot of work to get it to fit. I think with either pipe you will need the wide cranks to clear. Im not sure about the sbp one, i had one of those first. It is alright.

About the derailer- i do not know, i had removed both of them.