bgf motors junk!!!!!!!!!

GoldenMotor.com

beentryin

Apr 24, 2010
goshen,ohio
ive bought two bgf 66cc motors and both crank bearings on the small bevel gear go bad,ive had a skyhawk motor gt5 and ive put around 1200 miles on it,and only had to change topend,two intake gaskets,and a bevel gear seal from being brittle and hard,man these motors only have around 100 miles on them and boom start knocking and eventually blow up straight junklaff and i run them and my skyhawk 32:1

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
I had a BGF that had a crank bearing start to go, but I caught it in time and just replaced them with high quality 6202 bearings, no problems since, and I put about 50 miles a day on the engine.
Maye there was a bad batch of bearings used in the engine at the time.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I used to use BGF engines for all my bikes a few years ago, & I never had a problem with them... But he stopped selling in CA & I had to find another vendor. :confused:

beentryin

Apr 24, 2010
goshen,ohio
I had a BGF that had a crank bearing start to go, but I caught it in time and just replaced them with high quality 6202 bearings, no problems since, and I put about 50 miles a day on the engine.
Maye there was a bad batch of bearings used in the engine at the time.
you half to split the case to replace bearings rite?

Matheneyr3

Jun 4, 2009
Carolinas
I've purchased 4 motors from him- Rick @ BGF, to include a variety of parts, Carbs&Pistons. Only had one bad piston in the lot- and received good customer service to correct the issue.......

-Richard.

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
If you do all the necessary upgrades from the start (bolts, mounts, ect) and give the motor a proper break in then they are okay. I stress okay. Compared to other kits available on the market they are definitely on the lower end.

As far as Grubee goes, they are great. I have had mine close to a year and 4000 miles now and have not had to replace anything major, just a clutch cable. The 410 chains are B.S.

donutguy

Feb 4, 2010
PA
I don't know about bfg motors or what their service is like, but Duane at thatsdax will be getting all my business until I am pushing up daisies :)

I got a dud motor from him but he has bent over backwards to make it right. I don't shop on price......this is my only hobby, so I don't mind stepping up to the plate to spend my money with someone that provides good service.

walander

Aug 27, 2010
ID
I usually use RAW kits, they have never let me down, but I have used a few BFG kits from time to time and they seem ok, never had an issue with them. The only kits I wont use are grubee's always have something go wrong with a grubee

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Want to find out about BGF or luckyearlybird? Just GOOGLE them...They are rip offs, and scamers (because they don't follow up on their word).

There are more complaints (between two forums) about BGF and luckyearlybird (related), then I venture to say ALL of the vendors combined.

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
I usually use RAW kits, they have never let me down, but I have used a few BFG kits from time to time and they seem ok, never had an issue with them. The only kits I wont use are grubee's always have something go wrong with a grubee
I think that everyone has their own perspective on motors. :)

My Grubee is nice and tuned, I know and other members have seen that I have one of the fastest bikes in the area.

xct2

walander

Aug 27, 2010
ID

My Grubee is nice and tuned, I know and other members have seen that I have one of the fastest bikes in the area.

xct2
this is true. I believe that every company has some bad motors in the batch and some very good ones. I have had some bad grubees so I dont buy them, however, many people have had good ones. I had a 49cc kit from deamon before they went under, everyone talked about how nice his kits where, I still have that kit and I still cant get it to run right. I guess the best advice you could give someone is, be prepared to be let down, that way, you can only be happily surprised if you get a good kit.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
This started out as BGF junk engines... Remember that these engines are all made by very few Chinese companies, the same companies that poison their children, paint toys with lead paint to name a few. They DON'T give a RATS A## about the consumer, they want to make a buck anyway they can. I put up with these engines but with modifications (around $50.00) they have lasted me many years. You can't take one out of the box, slap it on a bike and expect it to run like a Honda. What I can't take is the companies that won't honor their stated warranty. These companies should be BANNED from selling on Ebay. But Ebay doesn't care either...they are out for the buck.

boygofast Item number 170661260370

And this is a quote
"Return policy details
7 days after the buyer receives it

Exchange

buyer response all the shipping
The buyer is responsible for return shipping costs."

The first problem is getting them to either answer phone calls or respond to emails

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
If you have a BGF part fail file a dispute right then, do not wait. You then have Ricky Shu's attention and he'll respond. Yes, you have to pay shipping but eBay made them pay shipping back for the replacement motor....at least for me...but it went into "extended dispute", took a while :p

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
If you have a BGF part fail file a dispute right then, do not wait. You then have Ricky Shu's attention and he'll respond. Yes, you have to pay shipping but eBay made them pay shipping back for the replacement motor....at least for me...but it went into "extended dispute", took a while :p
Dispute..BS...Don't buy from THEM. I wouldn't buy a $0.05 washer from them if they paid for the shipping.

beentryin

Apr 24, 2010
goshen,ohio

xct2
yeah my gt5 starts evertime nice smooth motor and everyone around here which is six of us around my town all have skyhawks and mines by far the fastest out of the bunch.i did alot of porting to mine and sprocket and pipe but its by far better motor than the bgf imo

577-Jersey

Mar 23, 2013
central western nj
Want to find out about BGF or luckyearlybird? Just GOOGLE them...They are rip offs, and scamers (because they don't follow up on their word).

There are more complaints (between two forums) about BGF and luckyearlybird (related), then I venture to say ALL of the vendors combined.
Due to the fact that they sell 10x as much as anybody else maybe,,all these chinese motors are junk and need to be gone completely over before rippin it up.Make sure everything is torqued up,head bolts are screwed all the way into the block,and motor is mounted tight,straight,and solid to the frame,,you will have alot less headaches.