Hello From Sparks, NV

GoldenMotor.com

MotorizedEtc.

Jul 10, 2010
Fremont, CA
Hi everyone I'm new to this site, well been lurking awhile actually. My name is Justin and I live in Sparks, Nevada. I have built 4 1/2 motorized bikes so far and am continuing to build them. I am no expert in these machines but I love to build and put quality first. Well just saying hi here first, now off to post some questions.

Justin

Attachments

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Love them Point Beachs! The one in the vid started out with a dax 70 2 smoker. Then went to a BoyGoFast, then to a Honda GX50 and now has a Harbor Freight 79cc. The brake pads and tires that came with it were the longest lasting I have ever had on a MB. The front wheel still lives and is on another MB. Replaced it with a Worksman drum brake. The HF tore up every cheapo rear wheel I had. (The thing is a monster) Aside from the poor bearing cages, the PB just rocks! Getting heavy duty springer forks for her this week. It would be a guess, but easily have 5K miles on her with no major failures. Was testing the HF prototype early winter until now. I was trying to beat on it to see what would fail on the engine and tranny. The PB is still kicking. This is a vid of her now. Some crashes, me learning bicycle maintenance and a real ruff winter later.

HF, whisper drive video by dan3xd - Photobucket

MotorizedEtc.

Jul 10, 2010
Fremont, CA
Those are nice setups you have there, why so many engines on one bike? Also where did you get your lay back seat post? mine doesn't go back as far as I'd like.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
The seat post makes a world of difference on the PB with those huge cattle horn handle bars. Really does. A buddy of mine made them for me. That is a solid peice of metal.

If your on dial-up, your cursing me right now eh? lol

Ya know, I had to think about why I did use this one bike over and over. I build em here and there and have a bunch of bikes around. (well, the wife keeps confiscating the classic old ones saying "that's 2 pretty to put a motor on" cracks me up)

Has become an emotional bond, I would like to say but a large part is just lazy. It's already set up, beat up an' put up wet.

I think it is Bairdco who uses old handle bars to make lay back seat posts. Bent post really makes the PB so much funner a ride. I was gonna ask you about yours. I just havn't seen one with so small an angle. Spooky has em with a lil support bar that I have been meaning to try.

MotorizedEtc.

Jul 10, 2010
Fremont, CA
I have ridden Surreys in Monterey, not fun if the others are slacking so a motor would be nice lol. I had a guy that was interested in me putting a motor on his Rhodes car.

I might have to try that seat post next, or else try to heat and bend mine some.