word!!! from chicago....

GoldenMotor.com

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
whats up fellas, my names tom here. bikes and cars are my life,big into bmx,but now this whole beach cruiser motor thing has gotten ahold of me.im stoked and im a buildin away.im excited about the whole scene growin and the parts that are comin out for these motors as well. hope to enter my ride in the next bike contest on here, but more less just cant wait to cruise and spread the word

Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.
hi ya tom: we are the shop dogs in waukegan il. welcome to the forum. we are (as far as i know) the only rider/builders club in northern il. we ride in southern wisconsin and around here most every weekend and are planing a rally this spring (in monroe wi.) if you want in the loop send me a private message and i'll add you to the riders list. jimdrn2

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
whats happenin shop dogs,pleasure to talk with ya.im definetly down for some cruisin/ chillin.currently buildin,but hopin to be done by march.times are tough.bikes are my life though. i would like to get a shop goin here in chicago,gonna try renting a garage and start buildin some kool bikes for the public and get our motorbike community growin. i'd also like to start makin some kustom parts as well if i can get my hands on a mill/lathe machine. we definetly need some kustom reliable parts for these horrible,but beautiful chinese motors.as time goes on and i build some more bikes,id like to organize a meet sometime this year.so far there are four of us here in chicago and we are gonna spread the word.as soon as i get my ride done and a little civilized weather comes around,i can already envision the smokey trails and scents of hardcore motor bikers takin the streets-lol.as our group grows i will try to organize a cool meet for us,somethin like a designated meet spot,where i can bring food and tunes for us while we hang around and scope each others builds,and then head out for a mapped cruise. before you know it there will be motorized bicycle gangs dukin it out as we fly across the sandy beaches at 30 mph while elbowing each other-lol....

Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.
hep u got it bad don't ya....when it get's a little warmer you guys should hit metra north and check out are gig. my place is the build shack for now as (maddogjohny) is working on his "c" coupe this winter,but he's the guy w/ the *****in shop (mill,lathe,mig,tig,arc,benders,etc) . we been making custom pipes for are rides and little stuff for now. we are also thinking of doing a few builds this spring and see if they sell, maybe we can talk about splitting some costs? I also lett guys build here for a bay rental sometimes so if you want to get a start before you rent a place ...buttons has some better shots of the shop but anyway thats john on the right and jeff working on the coupe

Attachments

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
well maddog johhny,lets get kustomizing-yah baby yah. that sounds awesome,ill definetly swing by one day soon,and id also be interested in building in your shop wether its givin a helping hand or idea or payin you to use the shop for a day here and there to pump out a new cool part.sounds badass,good to have some fella like yourselves,cant wait,good day for now,rock on!!!

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
oh by the way,im diggin your guys ride,thats definetly kool,reminds me of somethin ed " big daddy" roth would build,cant wait to see it,or if you guys would like a hand(mechanicly inclined here-lol) i would be excited to help out with a project like that brothers. kool to see people makin it happen. perhaps i can rent the garage when hes done so i can finally put the v-8 in my 85 cutlass. kool guys- diggin it.....

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
by the way, the c coupe- bad ass. looks like somethin ed"big daddy" roth would build.its really kool. cant wait to stop by the shop,maybe give a helping hand or an idea why not. id love to maybe rent the garage here and there to build a kustom part.appreciate the offer,or perhaps after your guy is done with the c coupe, perhaps i may be able to rent the garage for a short time to install a rocket motor in my cutlass,but ofcourse ii wouldnt start the job without all the parts inwhich i am not far away.anyways, lookin forward to meetin you wrenchheads and buildin/cruisin some kool bikes... keep on rockin in a strange world.......

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
by the way,im diggin the c coupe, pretty unique, kinda reminds me of somethin ed" big daddy" roth would build. you gotta get a youtube vid of that beast runnin after its done. cant wait for the weather to break and head out by you guys, hit up some country roads with a few pit stops on the way for a cold one.....

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
three wheelin is farout man. i wanted to build a three wheeler with a five horse briggs out back when the snow was here and do some donuts,who knows maybe mount a plow to that thing and plow the sidewalks-lol. thats cool though,post some pics of it....

Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.
tommyb: that's the whole point of a builders club,help a brother out right. I fell hard for my china gal and put 800mls on it the first summer. johny is like my shopteacher/stepfather/guru and after you listen to a few storys ,:) you can build some cool stuff over there.thats what this sport/hobby needs along with this forum is a club to go to get advice on things you can't realy learn on the net. and who dosen't want guy's to ride with...
pdubs: as far as cus/manifold I've only altered a stock one so far, we looked at turning one .the trouble is realy waste as alum/dowel that dia is $$$. I have one bro who can spin his jug around ,so i plan on making two parts and have johny tig it . then we gona have us a good old fashion port polish party! after all winter is the time to monkey w/reed valves and trim piston skirt's right.
once we give johny a few more pointers on how to post ,well get him on here and you'll find he's a great resorce
buttons and I are working out the details for spring rally ,will post invite soon
eldo: post pics of 3 wheeler when you can ,It took me a while to find the right software to resize the files to fit forum spec's but it is doable. I've got a spare motor just waiting for 3 wheel frame ,belive it or not ,as a bike for my mom(she's 72) how cool is that gona be... ltr jmjb