Hello from Sydney Australia

GoldenMotor.com

townem

Jan 13, 2010
Sydney, Australia
First time user and new motor owner

The state where I live is very restictive on motorised bikes. Limit is 49cc & 200watts. Hello . . . totally useless with all our hills - so my bike is a Rock Solid Engines 68cc on an old 26" mountain bike. I am looking to change this to a cruiser style bike which are expensive and limited in choice here. What I really want is to have a rear motor sprocket attached to the rear hub and not on the spokes.

townem

Jan 13, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Have been looking at the GT1 cruiser for around A$400 as it has the rear sprocket attached to the hub already - but not much else. Also wanting to try to quiet down the exhaust a little to draw less unwanted attention, but try not to limit power too much.

wildemere

Feb 12, 2008
Newcastle
Your options are a the disc hub method, The HD hub available locally from MBB imports and others or the SBP shifter kit.

I actually use all three and think the HD hub is the easiest solution, It also comes with a band brake. The disc hub will require an adapter between the hub and sprocket. I made mine but they are available in America from Kings. The last option is the best but most costly and labour intensive of the three options.

townem

Jan 13, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Thanks for the info. I have just seen the shift kit on a US site. It does not seem an easy and quick fit plus as you said it isnt cheap. I will look at the HD Hub - I assume that is the one that is on the GT1 cruiser on the MBB Imports site. I have also found a cruiser bike on the Gasman Bikes site for A$300 with the sprocket fitted as well.

wildemere

Feb 12, 2008
Newcastle
That gasman bike looks nice, it has a disc brake and suspension forks.

I would inspect the quality before buying then fully service before riding though.

The GT1 is also cool, made for motorizing.

townem

Jan 13, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Spoken to both distributers. The GT1 looks to be a better build. The crank set is better, it is an HD hub while the gasman is only a sprocket fit. But the gasman has more options. But I think I will go for the GT1