RecycleBill To The Rescue!

GoldenMotor.com

RecycleBill

Oct 31, 2009
Greensboro, North Carolina
Okay, not really... I couldn't rescue my way out of a wet paper bag. I manage a metals recycling center in Greensboro, NC-- lots of old bikes to play with but never enough time to fix 'em. I've build several motored bikes to date but nothing I've ever been satisfied with-- maybe someday.

I've been reading here for years so I finally decided to join in. :-||

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Welcome to the place, bout time you stopped lurkin' and came in to have a few ;)

Lookin' forward to some pics if ya get the chance!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome and have fun. In your line of work you probably see a lot of potential bike projects. Pick a good one, throw a motor on it and take some pictures. We all enjoy seeing what the next guy is building. Ride safe. Keep in touch. If my memory serves me, wasn't there an Air Force base near you? Or was that Goldsboro? Sorry, my memory isn't what it used to be.
Tom

RecycleBill

Oct 31, 2009
Welcome and have fun. In your line of work you probably see a lot of potential bike projects. Pick a good one, throw a motor on it and take some pictures. We all enjoy seeing what the next guy is building. Ride safe. Keep in touch. If my memory serves me, wasn't there an Air Force base near you? Or was that Goldsboro? Sorry, my memory isn't what it used to be.
Tom

That is Goldsboro. The military base in Greensboro (Army Overseas Replacement Depot) was only open from 1941-1945 and was the reason my daddy discovered Greensboro. It's now Greensboro's oldest industrial park and many of the original buildings are still standing.

I see far too many potential project bikes on the job. It breaks my heart that we can't sell them fast enough to save them from the crusher and that I haven't room enough at home to store them all. Before I start construction of my next project bike I'm going to have to remove the pile from the shop.
.wee.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Hey I live in high point... is the place you run out on hilltop road?

I average buying stripping and junking out a bike a month at least. Mine come from the thrift store over here. Lots and lots of wheels and handlebars in my shop. I have never seen a thrift store bike I didn't like.

PS I was born and raised in Greensboro. Over in the mill villiage.

RecycleBill

Oct 31, 2009
Hey I live in high point... is the place you run out on hilltop road?

I average buying stripping and junking out a bike a month at least. Mine come from the thrift store over here. Lots and lots of wheels and handlebars in my shop. I have never seen a thrift store bike I didn't like.

PS I was born and raised in Greensboro. Over in the mill villiage.

No, we're on Holt's Chapel Road just off East Market not too far from where you grew up.

By the way, I live near the east end of Textile Drive east of US 29. Get in touch!brnot