Clutch issue?

GoldenMotor.com

lucajo16

Dec 12, 2013
cincinnati, ohio
So Ive stopped at a light and it go's from red to green. I start to peddle and I release my clutch handle and then my clutch stops working. When I got home it wont engage and the wheel turns while the clutch is engaged. I'm using a 2 stroke kit please help!!:-||

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Did this happen quickly, after one stop or did you notice the clutch slipping increasingly before? We need to know this before offering some suggestions.

I doubt the clutch cable is the problem. Usually if the cable slips you won't be able to disengage the clutch completely or at all. Only if the cable is too tight or binding somewhere would it cause your problem.

We might be looking at a broken or missing shaft key if the problem happened immediately.

Tom

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
yeah, clutches tent to fail closed except for a stripped flower nut or bent pressure plate (both of these rare)

grathado

Sep 28, 2015
mississippi
--> disclaimer i'm still new,
I would take of the clutch box remove the flower nut screw, then depress your clutch and hold it, hand tighten the flowernut until the nut is hand tight, test your bike (before you put on the cover to save some time) if it works you should be good to go :D

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
as usual, just open both covers & look - should be obvious where turning fails to stop