Hot rods or classic vehicles

GoldenMotor.com

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I have noticed a lot of members enjoy cars and trucks, 2door and Indian22 are a couple that come to mind. I have two, my 1970 GMC and my 1950 ford. The GMC is complete, the 50 goes to the paint shop as soon as my painter is ready. Here's my GMC, I'll post the ford later.
If you have a vehicle and want to show it off post it.

Attachments

Last edited:

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Here is my 50, I've been working on it for a while. Like I said above I'm waiting on the body shop to call, I've left just enough on it to be street legal.

Attachments

Last edited:

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Kenny Wayne Shephard has a nice one with a flatty too. He said in the good ole days, young shoebox owners would somehow remount the shifter to the left side of the steering column, so their girlfriends could sit closer to them.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Sweet little 'Jimmy' pickup, Greg. Good work. Be sure and show us the 50 when the painter gets finished.

My current ride is my avatar and the car can be seen in my profile so I'm not posting another shot of it. But, if a race car falls into the (almost a) hot rod catagory here's one that I was partners in.
It's a 32 Austin Bantam roadster powered by an injected small block Chevy runnng on alcohol. It was a 9 second car and quite a ride. My partner bought me out and moved away so I'm not involved with it anymore. The last I heard he had gone to a big block and was running in a fuel (nitro) class.

Anyone old enough to remember those terrible 'fuel altereds' from the 60s and 70s will recognise the profile. Remember 'Wild Willie Borsh'?

The photo is me in the water box heating up the tires for a run.

Tom

Attachments

Last edited:

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
Hi Greg
I too have a GMC a 72 not as pretty as yours -- has a 1000 pound hydraulic lift tail gate

I ran it out to a race event at Willow Springs about a year +ago
a good hundred miles north of Los Angeles in the boiling heat
on my return home my clutch started slipping and had to baby it home having to reduce speed and be real sensitive to the slip with the winds and hills and still maintain acceptable freeway speed
it was a kind of miracle I made it home
since then I have used it around town a bit but needs the clutch pressure plate and throw-out bearing to be highway/freeway able again.

a few pics in the Buba's World thread in Weld, Fabrication, Paint

Last edited:

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I used to restore Nova's.....wished I still had a couple! This is a pic (of a picture) of the last one I did ---