New engine build progress

GoldenMotor.com

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
With cut transfer ports I don't understand how that would change anything but your ability to be able to port them better. They still open at the exact same time and would be open the same amount of time. I see no cons to it due to the ability to beef them up. If I had the tools I'd do it if it didn't take too long as I am in an apartment and don't wanna make anyone mad.

kevo

Jan 4, 2015
Murrieta ca
All I can say is that I've tried it. I also thought that huge tratransfers were a good thing, until I did it. Its kinda like over carburetion.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
To do a reverse jug you have to reshape the transfer port ramps in the case to match the transfer tunnels in the jug so the mix can flow from case to jug tunnels without hits a flat surface.

Its easy to see what has to be done by simply laying a base gasket on the case with gasket being turned backwards, this shows where and how much material needs to be removed.

Ive seen the totally open transfer mod and never like that idea, I match my transfers to a gasket that will not cover either opening case or jug, I usually always have to modify the gasket because my porting enlarges everything.

hands down so far the port work I have done to the 40mm steoke engine has got them to be much stronger and faster than any of the 38mm stroke engines I have running now, but I havent messed with the GT5 type much yet and the next one I build up will get some things done different than I have done so far and Ill see how that works out.