Joe Cocker

GoldenMotor.com

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I'm glad that the singing 'talent shows' (The Voice, American Idol, etc) weren't on TV at the time these type of singers were starting out! Most times, I prefer uniqueness over impecable perfection.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
You will never have a Joe Cocker emerge from the network pop star factories, as xseler said. Can't be done.
-Joe was the leadoff act on the 3rd day of Woodstock. How many of the Woodstock artists are still alive?
-Perhaps somebody will put on a final "Mad dogs and Englishmen" tribute show for Joe.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ

Commander Billypool

Nov 30, 2014
Citrus Springs Fl.
Well glad to see a few interesting remarks on the fictional character. Most interesting that it is my voice recorded back in the 1970's. Joe Cocker is one of at least 100 characters all purely fiction as a kid I'd from grade school and high school entertained myself with many songs and stories within the home which made a decent studio. Aside from that those whom claimed to be that character would if they could but couldn't if you understand some refuse to.

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I remember finding a pair of shoes just like Joe wore at Woostock. I was playing bass and singing in a band in Miami back about 71. Everyone called them my JC shoes. Those who didn't get it thought they came from Penny's or there was some reference to Jesus.

No, they were just these weird red, white and blue leather things that I wore and then lost one night after a gig on Miami Beach. Rats! I loved those shoes.

RIP, Joe. Really enjoyed your music.

Tom