His & Hers

GoldenMotor.com

Bzura

Mar 8, 2014
PA
I just finished building a 24" Cranbrook for my wife. She's taken it out several times now, and she's amazed at how fun it is. I took a pic of mind & hers next to each other for reference.

I just put that bazooka of a pipe on mine, and it totally changed my power band. I was running a Torquer 2 on it before, and it added a lot of low & mid range. This pipe adds only top end. I've got to be going about 15MPH before I even feel it kick in, and when it does it's actually a bit frightening. Even at speeds faster than I ever have gone with the Torquer 2 pipe, it still has power when I twist a little more.

Bottom line, I'm either going to play aound with the header length (this one is quite a bit shorter than the Torquer or I'm going to put this chrome beast away and save it for my next trip to the salt flats.
image.jpg

Last edited:

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I think you'll find a sweet spot for the header length that you like...don't be afraid to change it. an inch here or there can make a huge difference in powerband depending on the pipe.
Try changing length at both ends too, not just the chamber or port end. It can make a difference.
Generally speaking, a longer headpipe moves the power lower, but again, this depends on the pipe shape so use what works, not what's supposed to work.
Keep after it and I bet you stay running it.

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Congratulations on getting the lady into the hobby. You're a lucky man. I hope you appreciate that. And she's a lucky woman for having a guy who wants to share with her.

Enjoy, ride safe and have fun. Thanks for sharing your bikes with us.

Tom

Bzura

Mar 8, 2014
PA
Thanks for the kind words & tips. She is a good one, alright. Been together 10 years now, and we keep finding fun things to do together & on our own. She initially thought that riding a MB was going to be my thing, and after seeing me come home from riding by myself or with friends with a big smile on my face & in a much mellower mood she decided she wanted to try it out. She's 5' tall, and I'm 6'1" & I weight more than twice what she does. It must have been hilarious to see me on her bike riding around the neighborhood getting it all adjusted for her. The bike was pretty quick hauling me around, and it's amazingly fast & super-quick off the line with her riding it. I was going to do more work on her engine, but I think I'll leave it as is for her. I just cleaned up the ports, and with the pipe & carb upgrade it's more power she'll use. Better to have a a bit extra power than not enough. She doesn't understand that, but you guys know what I'm talking about. About the only thing I have to do yet is install the front brake on her bike, and we're ready for a nice long ride somewhere next time out daughter is at grandma's house.

Last edited:

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
There are absolutely no substitutes for nice long rides when the kiddo's are at the grandparent's house!!

Have fun!!!

60weight

Sep 15, 2011
Dallas
Bzura, really nice Bikes!
It would be very interesting to see closer pics and read Your story's about the Salt Flats..Your Bike looks well built and thought out..