48cc gt2b exhaust question

GoldenMotor.com

fasteddy2

Jan 28, 2013
utah
Hey guys sorry i havent posted for awhile but winter has had me off the bikes for a while. I am welding a straight pipe to the existing headerpipe and am trying to figure out which ace hardware muffler to put on. they are both similarly priced and look close to the same. here they both are:
http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1272741
http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1272740 sorry if the links didnt work but one is 1/2 inch diameter and the othe is 3/4 i think. my question is has anyone heard or used both. what would the performance differences be like between the two and which would sound best. i would prefer quieter if it wont hurt performance. Anyone with any experience with both or either? also should i remove my electronics like the cdi and magneto before allowing someone to weld on my exhaust or will they have to weld the pipe off the bike?r.ly.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Due to size the 3/4 will probably be louder, I would buy both and see which one looks the best. You can fit the pipe extention and tack weld it then take the pipe off and weld it, you'll get a far better job if you can rotate the pipe while welding it.

Last edited:

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
On a stock engine, there will probably be very little difference. The 3/4 will be slightly louder but not much.
Go with the bigger one. These engines can use all the help with flow they can get.
Just my 2cents

fasteddy2

Jan 28, 2013
utah
Thats not a bad idea at all greg thanks. The problem is im paying someone with a welder to do it all for me so i dont want to pay him to do it twice. if you had to start with one which would it be? im thinking the smaller one if it wont restrict the engine in high rpm.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
If you're using it at the end of a straight pipe, the difference in noise should be very little.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
It should depend on which muffler mates up to the pipe best for welding, the 1/2 threaded end should be about 7/8 od the 3/4 should be around 1-1/8 .