80cc wont start... Seized?

GoldenMotor.com

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
Thanks for the followup, Hoglyfe! Following your thread, and your not getting any relief from our advice was really bothering me. I haven't seen this issue before (in over a year of tinkering with these). I'm glad you found the issue, and am VERY surprised that this part is what failed on you. You're fortunate that none of that debris got into the combustion-chamber and ruined your jug/rings. For reassembly, I suggest that you thoroughly clean the innards with solvent (I use gasoline). I also like to give the bearings a quick dunk in some 2-stroke before replacement so as to give them some good starting-lube. If you haven't already removed that bearing from the crank, and have difficulty doing so, I recommend using a propane-torch to heat up the bearing inner-ring; this will expand the ring and allow it to slide off the crank-axle if it has any scoring-damage. I did this myself just 3 weeks back...used two flat-head screwdrivers to leverage it off. While you have the case split, I suggest you use the freedom of movement it affords you to remove the head-studs, and Blue LocTite them into the case. The RIGHT method for backing them out of the case is to use two nuts in tension to unscrew 'em, but I prefer to use a channel-lock or vice-grip to grab them in the middle (where there's no thread). It'll scratch the studs up, but in areas that are not mechanically important. You may want to LocTite the mounting-studs into the case as well at this point, although I'm lazy, and have never gotten around to doing this myself. Some others may suggest you get better quality stud hardware before you do this; I can't disagree. In any case (ha ha), it's easier to replace the hardware when the case is split and on your bench than when it's on your bike. BTW: how is that case-half anyway? With all the junk in there now, it looks like the bearing-well got badly chewed up. Is this just an illusion?

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Thanks heaps for all your input guys... been a tough one!
Ended up tearing the bottom end apart myself and turns out the big end bearings had blown to shreds!! Have now got two new HCH 6202 2RS C3 bearings and am about to start the reassembly process...
Anybody got any pointers or tips when reassembling, as this is my first time?? cheers
Make sure you clean ALL the junk out of the engine before you re-assemble.
Then clean it again!
Use two stroke oil on the bearings and top end as assembly lube.

Tom BR

Oct 2, 2013
Paris ,Tx.
try pulling the spark plug and pouring a small amount of oil ( less than an ounce) into the spark plug hole and try to start w/out the plug.this should unstick the piston ,or un sieze it.

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
try pulling the spark plug and pouring a small amount of oil ( less than an ounce) into the spark plug hole and try to start w/out the plug.this should unstick the piston ,or un sieze it.
Please read.complete posting b4 commenting...a drop of oil wont do anything but make a mess at this point...