piston noise, detonation? watch/listen to this....

GoldenMotor.com

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
Ok i am uploading 2 videos now on youtube to help you with the clutch pull and gear noise i am akso going to get some roll rubber grace roof shield and show you how to make your own sound damping kit from it that is verry effective .. i used to use it as dyno matt for car audio applications .

mew905

Sep 24, 2012
Moose Jaw
Ohh almost forgot a trick to quiet it down and make the clutch arm move waaaaay smother

Unscrew the 3 bolt clutch cover with the arm on it
Remove the arm from the cover and remove the rod from the center of the motor sprocket there is a ballbearing behind it remove that too . If you loose it a 5/16 bearing will replace it.

Now pour a cap full of your 2 stroke motor oil in the hole the rod and bearing came out of !!!! Then carefully reinsert the 5/16 bearing and 5/16 rod back in the hole. A lil oil might ozz out it fine

Now pour a cap full of 2 stroke oil in the hole in the clutch arm hole on the cover and insert the arm and spin it around

Now reassemble the cover..

Wow .... doesnt it make the clutch pull sooooo easy now !!!!

I do this every week

Your actual clutch gear with the flower nut can have some oil on the outer gear part too just use a pumpy type oiler or pray botttle carefull not to get any on the pads

The small clutch gear just pour a half cap of oil on it making shure it goess behind on the shafft then roll the bike foward with the clutch in to move the gears and distribute it alll around

Now clean up any extra oil in the cover or dripping anywere and make shure the small gear lock nut with the big flathead screw driver slot is realy tight then reassemble.

I garentie you it will be quieter. I will make a video for you ...and post back later.

I
I just bought a can of white spray-on grease for snowmobile gears at Canadian Tire for $6, worked quite well. Turns out I didnt need it but hey, extra lubrication is nice.