Dumping 2 strokes...

GoldenMotor.com

MadMannArt

Aug 13, 2013
LongBeach, wa
One Grubee 66/80cc engine that the exhaust stud broke prior to start up, and one $89.00 replacement 66/80cc engines from Ebay, I still do not have 5 miles on my bike... I tried JB welding the stud, it held for 3-4 miles....
I am $1100 into this piece of ****....
Grubee GT2 Frame
Monark II front end
Manic Mechanic Sprocket Adapter & Sprocket
Pirate Cycle tensioner
heavy duty Wheels
Ect, ect, ect,ect....
For basically nothing, no enjoyment...
So now I am stuck paying $350 MORE dollars to the same rip-offs for the 4 stroke kit, which i hope lasts one or two miles so I can sell this piece of crap....
Just so you know, I am a 53 yr old retired mechanic, not some kid trying to figure out which end of the wrench to use...

:-||

Last edited by a moderator:

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
That sucks.

JB Weld will NOT hold a defective exhaust-stud in. Get a helicoil...it'll hold better than a good tapped hole. If that's the only issue you're having, I suggest you take a breather...repair the stud properly, and try again. From my own personal experience and if this is your first experience with a China Girl, I'd suggest avoiding all the add-ons until you get it operational with the standard equipment. It is advisable that you make sure all studs are fully seated before installation (I like to Blue LocTite 'em). Don't give up; you're a mechanic, I'm sure you'll really enjoy this once you iron out the wrinkles.

Sooooo...WHY did you go and buy a 4-stroke kit from them if you think they stink?

MadMannArt

Aug 13, 2013
LongBeach, wa
Yeah, helicoil would have been sweet.. The whole flange disitegrated around the stud, I've thought about having a blob heliaced back into place, then milled off... got an estimate of $50.00 for that...
I have not bought from them again, I have a few days till payday, I am trying to find a vendor that I can afford... I do not want to put ANOTHER 1000 dollars into this thing, it has disgusted me that much...
I'm pretty sure that I will mount a 4 stroke into it and just sell or trade it off, this whole thing has been a bad experience...
Yes I know I can buy a cyclinder from JakeBike for $89 to fix the grubee engine, but why should i kick a dead horse?

MadMannArt

Aug 13, 2013
LongBeach, wa
Stay away from the $89 engines on Ebay... it was a joke... ya definitely get what you pay for... I about had a heart attack trying to get it to run for any length of time, and while it did, I was thinking it was about to grenade itself...lol

I am going to order a 4 stroke kit, and mount it... I am no quitter... If it works, I will ride it, and may someday upgrade it, as I have seen some nice 4 stroke stuff produced in the USA, like drive units that right now I can't afford...

Last edited by a moderator:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Sorry to hear you're having so many issues. I'm sure you'll get them worked out in the end.

Please restrict vendor comments, either positive or negative to the 'Swap & Shop' section. Thank you.

Tom

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
I LOVE the $89 engines on eBay! (X80 my fave). I just make sure to dismantle them first and make sure they're rebuilt properly. It's like the $180 Walmart bikes I swear by; lots of people bash them, as they should if they buy them pre-assembled. Whoever assembles these things lack love or skill or both. OWN it, get intimate...it'll be a be-YOU-teeful relationship.

MadMannArt

Aug 13, 2013
LongBeach, wa
I didn't get into this to create a pile of junk, but that is what is currently happening...

I will try ONE 4 stroke kit, if that doesn't work, I'll just crush the parts at the recycler .

I have resurected motorcycles from years of abuse and neglect...
You can not resurrect junk...