Is Motovelo a well-known, good, reliable kit?

GoldenMotor.com

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
I have no recent info, but they used to be a bit pricey - do a search thru this forum.

Frogster

Jan 18, 2013
Mississauga Ontario Canada
DO NOT BUY FROM MOTOVELO. I originally ended up trying to buy the motovelo engine kit with all of the performance upgrades. I paid Aydin Ozan 875 bucks. He wouldnt send me the motor kit for over 3 months, wouldnt reply to my emails for weeks on end. Never Picked up the phone. He refused to refund me money when I finally told him I wanted to cancel my order. He literally told me I wasnt getting a motor kit or my money back. He thought cus I live in Toronto and im 17 he could best me like that. I had to go thru an extensive paypal claim process to get my money back from him. Dont trust these ****ers. All kits are really the same. Buy from the cheapest guys. I tried bikeberry.com next and theyve been pretty **** to. Havent robbed me, but my order wasnt as described, some pieces were broken and missing, and theyre awesome customer service hasnt done anything for me even though ive been trying for the past 2 weeks. If the motor uses bearings instead of bushings, buy the cheapest one.

Toadmund

Jan 19, 2012
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
Been hearing a lot of complaints about Bikeberry lately, whereas before they were pretty good, what's up with that?

Anyway, the fun with this hobby is tweaking it yourself and being happy with the results, I don't understand people wanting others to 'tweak' it for them,
unless of course one has no mechanical aptitude, then I could understand, but unfortunately the un-mechanically minded among us are the easiest to rip off, and it takes a mechanical person to say.
"Ya, know what....."

Frogster

Jan 18, 2013
ya lol thats what ive come to learn the hard way. Just buy a motor kit from boy go fast or vmotorsv on ebay and then do the lil things. Port out your cylinder jug and the manifold, soder larger gauge wire onto the magneto if you feel up to it, replace the sparkplug and boot, clean out your crankcase, etc.

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
dude's in all the so.cal c/l's [free add's, he never pays to advertise] but never show's his face in person. like the rat's on the wire's at sunset he sneaks around. read up you will see. dennis

Frogster

Jan 18, 2013
go to his site and look: www.motovelo.us

I knew nothing about motorbiking back then and i was pre naive. I would actually punch his face in if i lived in california. Tried to steal 875 bucks from me and tell me it was my fault.

Last edited by a moderator:

Toadmund

Jan 19, 2012
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
From website under 'Engine specs'.:
CARBURATOR Dell'Orto PHBG
Venturi = 19,0 mm
They all look like stock NT's to me.

I made a mistake, it's the Morini motor with the Dellorto, thing is though, they have all these morini specs with videos and pics of the Happy Time all around it with a small morini pic on top.
http://www.ozanmedia.com/motovelo.html
This page redirects, DANG! (click on 'engine specs' and see the confusion for yourself.)

Why wouldn't they make a separate page to avoid confusion?

Must I ask?

Website seems geared to confuse, like it did me.

Last edited:

Moto

Jan 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA.
Dont buy motovelo. Ive bought 2 kits from them and had 2 other friends buy 1 kit each from them. Their engines are the same as everyone else's. However I ded get a real SH*T engine from them... bushing wrist pin bearing (i swear to god), crap china bearings, warped head, and acorn nuts that made the headstuds strip the cases. No fun! That was when I stopped buying from them and realized there were others that shipped to california.

Frogster

Jan 18, 2013
From website under 'Engine specs'.:

They all look like stock NT's to me.

I made a mistake, it's the Morini motor with the Dellorto, thing is though, they have all these morini specs with videos and pics of the Happy Time all around it with a small morini pic on top.
http://www.ozanmedia.com/motovelo.html
This page redirects, DANG! (click on 'engine specs' and see the confusion for yourself.)

Why wouldn't they make a separate page to avoid confusion?

Must I ask?

Website seems geared to confuse, like it did me.
Because hes a dirty lil snake. Trust me man Ive dealt with this slug. When I bought from him he told me that it would take some time to get my parts ready but he would have my order shipped soon. 3 months later, and im emailing him three times before I get one reply. No word on my order. He ignores me for multiple periods of over 10 days strait. (I think he stalled that long after the payment so that it would be alot harder for me to make a paypal claim against him) Anyways after about 3 and a half months and a long dry spell of not hearing from him I email him telling him I want to cancel my order with him and want my 875 bucks back. He then goes on to tell me that he cant refund me my money because other people have ripped him off and stolen his motors, so because hes out money hes not going to refund me for my order, and because I already cancelled my order. I would have to pay him again if he was going to ship me anything I had bought because he was "out time". meanwhile this has videos on youtube of stuff like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPvOBYF1bmc&list=PLLFlHz72yWERBJ85fG5LvrvS-PO-wHlAR&index=7

Last edited by a moderator: