New Member Alajoyn Portage Michigan

GoldenMotor.com

Alajoyn

Sep 28, 2009
Portage, MI
Like the site and all the info. Just found it last week. I checked out a lot of posts and found via a search that I'm not the only one successful with a tandem bike conversion. Had to alter the geometry a little to afford a forward motor mount with chain extension and some alterations to clear the chain/frame at the rear. I made an upper chain stabilizer from high density material to hold the vibes to a minimum and added a 5" or so tube off the rear handle bar bracket to accomodate the fuel tank since the rear rider tube is "a girls" configuration and the tank needed to stay above the carb inlet height. I'm short and since I rewelded the front bar to be horizontal to make clearance for the motor (best geometry for motor mount is in front) I have no inseam room for the tank in front. Made a 36" chain guard and went with a free wheel rear gear (no derailer for safety). So far the build is rock solid and safe. Frame was an older steel American Made coaster brake assembly. I swapped rims to lighter alluminum and mountain bike tires.
Pictures to follow in a day or so. This winter a complete tear down to paint the whole frame. Right now just enjoying it with my wife alot. Just a slow cruise in the fall...
Alajoyn

Last edited:

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
welcome to the site. i am from portage also and sent you a pm. glad to have you with us and look forward to seeing your pictures