sneak peak of acme V twin

GoldenMotor.com

cobrafreak

Feb 16, 2011
sacramento ca
I never understood why make a v-twin two stroke. You are either choosing a v-twin for the sound it makes or are seeking more power. A two stroke v- twin isn't going to have the classic v- twin sound. It's still going to sound like a two stroke, but louder. There are a few choices for v twins that already exist. Pricey but will last a long time.

Mr_R.I.DING

Dec 28, 2010
Adelaide
I never understood why make a v-twin two stroke. You are either choosing a v-twin for the sound it makes or are seeking more power. A two stroke v- twin isn't going to have the classic v- twin sound. It's still going to sound like a two stroke, but louder. There are a few choices for v twins that already exist. Pricey but will last a long time.
anything between 6 and 10 hp though that doesn't look like you gutted a lawn mower though?

cobrafreak

Feb 16, 2011
sacramento ca
It's not what you have, it's what you do with it. Here is a Briggs and Stratton Vanguard engine. Kohler also makes v-twins. Four strokes do not need the fan shroud.

Mr_R.I.DING

Dec 28, 2010
Adelaide
It's not what you have, it's what you do with it. Here is a Briggs and Stratton Vanguard engine. Kohler also makes v-twins. Four strokes do not need the fan shroud.

yeah thats all well and good, and it's a nice engine but far too big for virtually any road application, and simply just wont fit in most applications without major frame changes.

but if your building something like the cyclone, thats all well and good.

Last edited:

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Brett, those engines are amazing the scaled down versions of the Pre & Post World War I era are my favorites, either as a Single or V-Twin.

If only I had a friend / machinist who could build me one of those engines like the ones I posted in my thread Mini V-Twin Engines with youtube video links!

Peace Crazy Horse

I guess for the looks.
Are the ones you're talking about, those little miniature knuckleheads & panheads & suchlike?

peteyb

Feb 5, 2011
London, Ont.
hey how is your v-twin project coming along? i checked your website and its still listed as a prototype.... hope you haven't given up on it!

MrCrowley

Oct 9, 2016
Sedalia
Maybe I missed the answer to my question, but when will this be for sale? Buying this is easier than machining my own. But I can see milling my own jugs. lol cast jugs look like crap to me. I hope they cast them big so I can just mill the outside and have a nice polished look. Anyone agree? (by the way cool usflg)

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
The thread has been dormant for nearly 5 years now so I would guess that the project didn't work out. I don't think the OP has posted anything for a long time.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
It is a shame they couldn't complete the build Rick. I do remember when they started building it that there was a great amount of hope in the motorbike community. Such is life.

Steve.