Like small non-kit four strokes? Come see!

GoldenMotor.com

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
If you can use pedals that clear that, you're more bandy legged than I am, and I can't stop a pig in an alley.

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
It does take a pretty wide spaced set of pedals, I had to make the BB from scratch on my build, wasn't hard. My bike actually pedals nicely, kinda reminiscent if a 50s Allstate/Puch moped. No need to pedal on though, if it breaks pushing is probably easier at 90lbs! I just added them to be legal, of course the next year they rewrote law not requiring pedals to accommodate the 49cc scooters flooding the market.

Citi-sporter

Jun 16, 2014
North Bend, Or,
IIRC There is a little 50 cc 4 stroke horizontal Honda clone "moped" with an actual set of pedal cranks and pedals/axle though the engine case. I forget if it was single or 2 speed.

They were being sold by a ChiCom scooter company in California. Thing about those clone engines is their weight and the torque they produce because of the internal gearing, seems way out of bicycle class strength and power. I view powered bicycle engines as assists, that should weigh less than 10 pounds for the prime mover.

My present 30 cc engine is about 4 & 3/4's pounds not counting a couple pounds for fuel tank and roller assembly. Being under 50 AUW wet pounds was my goal.

4950cycle

Sep 8, 2010
Dunnellon,FL.
That's all well and good. But the real challenge is putting the power on the road. That's what always works the **** out of me ! There was a V8 motorcycle at the dragstrips in the late 1960s, But it took BossHoss out of Tennesee I believe to make the idea actually viable and usable on the road. And that was already the late 80s early 90s I beleave. Freakin 20-30 years later. lol