4 stroke womens cruizer

GoldenMotor.com

Chainreaction

Dec 14, 2014
Tulsa OK
I built this non-motorized bike a few years ago so my wife would have something easy to ride, hard to wreck. She's put a good amount of miles on it and it fits her perfectly. I have just put a jackshafted 4 stroke on it, haven't ridden it yet as waiting to seal the gas tank. Tank is tig welded from 5" exhaust tubing. If it rides ok I'll tear it down and paint it purple in polyurethane.

P1010010.JPG

Chainreaction

Dec 14, 2014
Tulsa OK
Haha, no still hers. I want to see if I can live with a CAG. I figured out a way to put a freewheel on a one piece crank. Take the RH side bearing cup from a 3 piece crank set and bore the hole out to fit over where the sprocket goes on a one piece crank, of course cut a keyway. Then you can screw the freewheel on. Modify and bolt 2-piece sprocket hub to freewheel, weld or bolt bike sprocket on one side and bolt 2 piece sprocket on other side. I like #35 chain instead of that heavier 1/2" pitch stuff, lot more options too. Picture is of parts need to make one piece crank freewheel setup.

P1010009.JPG

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Nice work, Chain. The ingenuity of our members never ceases to amaze me.

Post some photos of it painted. Is purple 'her' choice?

Tom

Chainreaction

Dec 14, 2014
Tulsa OK
Thanks. Purple is her favorite color. Drills and Cutters has a 1.37 x 24tpi die for $79 which is pretty cheap compared to what others want for them, I think I will get it so I can make hubs for the freewheels, then figure out an easy way to make the hub plate for the sprockets.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I can see you and I have the same addiction , coffee! I too am going to build my wife a m/b. I picked up a women's 24 inch mountain bike that I'll cut and rebuild for a two stroke, I have a complete kit waiting on a bike so this will be my next build.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Haha, no still hers. I want to see if I can live with a CAG. I figured out a way to put a freewheel on a one piece crank. Take the RH side bearing cup from a 3 piece crank set and bore the hole out to fit over where the sprocket goes on a one piece crank, of course cut a keyway. Then you can screw the freewheel on. Modify and bolt 2-piece sprocket hub to freewheel, weld or bolt bike sprocket on one side and bolt 2 piece sprocket on other side. I like #35 chain instead of that heavier 1/2" pitch stuff, lot more options too. Picture is of parts need to make one piece crank freewheel setup.

View attachment 76619
What is that freewheel from?...........Curt

Chainreaction

Dec 14, 2014
Tulsa OK
It's the $25 one from SBP. I have been trying to find an affordable heavy duty single speed rear freewheel to adapt but no luck so far. I understand why SBP has to charge a lot for their heavy duty freewheel but still $80 is too much money. If I could find a rear freewheel with a big enough sprocket I could drill it to mount a plate, that is if it wasn't too hard to drill. Or if replacing the sprocket with a plate was a fairly simple matter. After riding with a freewheel I really don't want to go back to fixed and I have a number of builds to do.

Chainreaction

Dec 14, 2014
Tulsa OK
What a beautifully conceived bike! Your wife is a very lucky woman chainreaction :)
Thanks. Truth is I am more of a function over form kind of guy so making stuff look good is not a big priority. Right now I am mainly interested in developing a quality jackshafted bike at a price that doesn't scare the average person. Still I know, people like shiny pretty stuff.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Thanks. Truth is I am more of a function over form kind of guy so making stuff look good is not a big priority. Right now I am mainly interested in developing a quality jackshafted bike at a price that doesn't scare the average person. Still I know, people like shiny pretty stuff.
Ditto...

Im a lot the same way sir.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
If you ever felt willing to do a step by step tutorial on how to make that conversion it would be a real good thing for those of us with aspirations, but who are mechanically challenged.

I do not know anything about this stuff, but recall reading at the Atomic Zombie site instructions on removing the freewheel from Shimano hubs and reusing them on trikes, if I remember right. I wonder if those would serve your purpose. How is the bike project coming? Is it purple yet?
SB