Starting my first MB build

GoldenMotor.com

Chainreaction

Dec 14, 2014
Tulsa OK
P1010007.JPG
This is my little shop, very condensed. The bike bench has turned out to be the perfect way to build a bike, make from 3/4 OSB plywood.

Chainreaction

Dec 14, 2014
Tulsa OK
The mess can and has gotten seriously bad in a small area like this. You just have to stop sometimes and clean and organize, organization is the key to survival in a small shop. Out in the two car part of the garage I need to build some roll around stuff so I can pull the car out and spread out and then roll it up when done working.

How do I find that thread "How comfortable is your shop", I used search and couldn't find it, probably don't know how to use search correctly.

Chainreaction

Dec 14, 2014
Tulsa OK
Good news is that my wife only made a pleasant sounding hmmph sound when I mentioned I could get the 49cc pocket bike motor for only $75 on ebay.

Chainreaction

Dec 14, 2014
Tulsa OK
Got a little stuff done today, I have the #35 84 tooth crank drive sprocket mounted, on the inside of the crank sprockets. Sorry no pictures today :-/ I want to keep the crank RPM around 60-120 so I can peddle with the motor if I want to. I'll change the crank sprockets or the rear cassette to get the bike speed dialed in.

I ordered the 47-49cc pocket bike engine for $72 delivered, woohoo! I just dont like the gears and clutch of the China Girl, rather have a centrifugal clutch and no gears to fail.

Chainreaction

Dec 14, 2014
Tulsa OK
49cc cag motor came FedX today, what a cute little motor. I have 3 bikes to build, I think I will weld the motor mount plate to bike frame, with new tig welder I just got, woohoo! yeah I got a tig :) which makes me a very happy camper.

Chainreaction

Dec 14, 2014
Tulsa OK
I just had my first ride, wow, MB are way fun. I was surprised how much power the 49cc cag had. Of course it had no spark when I tried to fire it at first, but I happened to have another new cag and swapped coils. What is it with the Chinese and coils? Had to make a bigger starter pull handle, lot of compression.

I am definitely in love now with mb's, 3 builds ahead of me, gonna enjoy the **** out of it.