My build. Frankenstein.

GoldenMotor.com

Fatandre

Dec 1, 2013
Poland
My build. HAWK

I have started a build and will be building a fast bike. Thats the plan so far.
I have finished the frame and bought the fork.
I got a brown Brooks seat
I want to put a fast engine into this so your help would be well seen.
I decided to go with a 2 stroke and will build some slowly.
If you have any ideas please let me know and tell me what you think.

This is how the frame looks, bit I will be running different wheels.

This is the fork

Last edited:

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
Look's nice.
How fast?
If you want a really fast 2 stroke, I'd recon you couldn't go past a KTM clone @ 9 HP,
That's plenty in my mind.
Not that I have any experience with these motors, but to get a china girl to 1/2 of that takes a bit.
If you want silly fast, I guess you'd use a go cart motor.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
That is a nice frame got to watch this, that would be a awesome engine. Really like it so far..............Curt

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Lots of questions...........
Center bar or not ? in frame gas tank? a pair of 31" wide Cruiser handle bars would look so cool, just a thought, vintage type build or modern type theme ?

Fatandre

Dec 1, 2013
Poland
I have not decided if I want a center bar or not. We will have to see. Depends on how the engine will fit.
I would want a frame gas tank. Any link to such handle bars?
I am thinking modern vintage.

I am liking that KTM clone. How is the actual performance and is there a shift kit with it?
Can I do any further mods to it?

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Here is a link to the handle bars they come in either Black or Chrome and if I may suggest ? use a Schwinn Varsity goose neck/Stem they have a great style (pretty good prices on them too through eBay collectable bicycle category) and they also put the handle bars a little out further in front of the head tube, since you are in Poland you might want to check Chopper Dome and Project 346 bicycles they both are European based Co. and shipping would probably be a little cheaper as well as quicker.

http://custommotoredbicycles.com/handlebars

Attachments

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
The color you choose for the bike & rims would dictate the color of the bars, if the bars were Black you could paint some scallops/spears on the tips for a more vintage and different look such as I did on a bike I built for a friend, this particular color scheme was Olive and Cream, I prefer cream color tires on all my vintage themed bikes and thus makes the other colors POP!

Attachments

Fatandre

Dec 1, 2013
Poland
I am thinking about painting the bike matte black and keep the tank matte stoked aluminum.
I will be running brown tires and a brown brooks seat, so I guess some black handles would look good.
I dont want to much brown

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I would go a gloss black because Matte black absorbs grease and will never come out on a wipe down or detail, the brown sounds good as accents but try not to make it a dark brown you'll loose the details/accent get a brown that has a very sight orange side to it or a dark Carmel that would POP! but something that won't get lost in the Black color.
Oh! and I would add a center bar if for anything else then looks, strength!

Last edited: