I have chain / sprocket adapter problems

GoldenMotor.com

29badbike

Jun 17, 2012
florida
I have added manic mechanic sprocket adapter tp my motorized bike.All web sites say I must use a 415 chain so I ordered one it does not fit the sprocket correctly and it scrapes the front edge of clutch actuator cover, So my question is what size chain will fit both the sprocket and inside cover?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Who did you buy the adapter from? Where did you get the chain? #415 chain should not interfer with the engine case unless the angle of the engine is extreme. Where is the chain hitting the engine case?

As for the chain not fitting the sprocket, I'd contact whoever you bought the sprocket from and question them about that problem. #415 or #41 chain should work if they sent you the right sprocket.
Are you sure you got #415 chain?

Tom

29badbike

Jun 17, 2012
florida
It is hitting the front edge where there clutch actuator cover meets the magneto cover.so is a 41 size between the size that comeswith stock kit and 415.I have more than one motorized bike and chains one that I running the rag joint and stock sprocket seems to be one size I have one chain that seems to work and is in between the stock and the 415. IT black not silver like the 415 ! It came on a bike I bought as parts bike that some had trashed the motor but as said can't figure our what size it is

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
It is hitting the front edge where there clutch actuator cover meets the magneto cover.
Hitting there is really common and most people don't even know
it did as the chain will grind it's own clearance.

The masterlink is usually what hits as the removeable plate is not
figure 8 shaped.

Just grind away the aluminum on the cover/ case were it is hitting.

415 chain is 3/16" between the side plates.

41 chain is 1/4" between the side plates.

So is there a size between 41 & 415?
No, not that I know of.
Some of the Chinese "415" kit chains are undersized and less than 3/16"

Last edited:

Chopperz

Jul 6, 2012
Victoria, BC
Who did you buy the adapter from? Where did you get the chain? #415 chain should not interfer with the engine case unless the angle of the engine is extreme. Where is the chain hitting the engine case?
As for the chain not fitting the sprocket, I'd contact whoever you bought the sprocket from and question them about that problem. #415 or #41 chain should work if they sent you the right sprocket.
Are you sure you got #415 chain?

Tom
Hitting there is really common and most people don't even know
it did as the chain will grind it's own clearance.
The masterlink is usually what hits as the removeable plate is not
figure 8 shaped.
Just grind away the aluminum on the cover/ case were it is hitting.
415 chain is 3/16" between the side plates.
41 chain is 1/4" between the side plates.
No, not that I know of.
Some of the Chinese "415" kit chains are undersized and less than 3/16"
Would this chain work?
http://www.amazon.com/KMC-K710-Bicycle-1-Speed-8-Inch/dp/B0013BMDLO#productPromotions

Chopperz

Jul 6, 2012
Victoria, BC
How does this #41 differ from the stock chain? (looks the same) is it just a better material?

this is what happened to my chain after my first start (yesterday)

1st break:

fixed it and then broke again 30 seconds into the next start

2nd break:

the hoove

Oct 6, 2012
Tucson, AZ
The kmc chain will not work.even though it is a 415 chain. It is designated as a 415h. The plates are a different size than normal. I tried one and it won't work. Spooky tooth has a 415 that works fine. And only 15 bucks to boot.