Wanna See my Bike?

GoldenMotor.com

Smoothe

Sep 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Hi folks, I've been lurking here long before I ordered my first engine. I got a kit fro Dax, and a Cruiser from XYZ: They both came Friday, October 26th. I still don't have the kill switch hooked up yet.

Attachments

Smoothe

Sep 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I really want to thank Sick Bike Parts for shipping a really great petcock and fuel filter to me over the weekend. I'm really happy now. The right pedal came off last night, XYZ is sending another one. I will use a Schwinn next build.

Smoothe

Sep 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks! I rode it down Camelback yesterday. People were stopping their cars and asking where they could get one.

I have to let you know, that if it weren't for my good friend Willie, I could have never built this. Willie is a professional fabricator with a shop. He does custom cars mostly, but he also raced bikes for 12 years. A really handy guy to know.

He banged the **** out of the coaster brake lever for me to get it to fit: nice "Z" formation on it. He also squared the holes in the front forks of the bike so it wouldn't run the front wheel cockeyed. (xyz bike). He was also able to figure out how to get the metal pressure plates on the back of the spoke without overlapping. He also had to cut and re-weld the exhaust to make it fit.

Next one should be easier; I'm using a Schwinn.

Smoothe

Sep 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Just did that, thanks for looking out:). I'm going to use front and rear lever brakes with a lever that pulls both brake cables. Amazon has some smokin' deals right now and the whole setup's gonna run me about $30.

On another "quick" topic; I opened her up today for a few seconds. My neighbor drove next to me and said I did about 27 MPH. I expect that once I get the engine broken in, and adjust my premix ( I did 7 oz to a gallon this first tank).

I took it out for a good ride today. I opened her up a couple of times but not for long. Cruising speed is great, and 27 MPH seems pretty darn fast on a beach cruiser! I wouldn't mind having extra power just in case I needed it, but this is my first bike, and someone already wants to buy it. I'll go for speed on a different bike in the future.

jerseykat1

i am thinking about getting a dual pull brake lever myself. i have 2 levers on the left side of my handlebars. i can tell at this rate i am going to wear my front brake pads out really quick because its a bit difficult to get to my rear lever with the clutch lever on top of it.